Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
30-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #1

Britains Got Talent

Been glued to this show especially this weeks semi finals - I dont usually vote but decided to for Julian Smith the saxophonist tonight,partly because his rendition of A place for us from West Side Story brought tears to my eyes. I loved both Flawless and Diversity too - what talent! Was assuming Susan Boyle would probably win but personally was delighted that Diversity did. I whooped so loud when they announced it that two of my cats nearly fell off the sofa with shock! (max is deaf and Maisie was in another room lol). Any body pleased, shocked,amazed? Think a few of them will go on to have album deals, Julian Smith, Susan Boyle and Shaun Smith most probably.

I for one,am going to miss this show! J x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
30-05-2009, 11:15 PM   #2

Re: Britains Got Talent

I have really enjoyed the show. I voted for Julian, and I agree that that his rendition of 'A place for us' was fab! My OH and I sung this at my sisters wedding and I think it is a very emotional piece of music. Diversity were excellent, but not really my 'thing' so I was disappointed that Suan Boyle didn't win. I thought she sung really well. Oh voted for Stavros Flately - I would have been delighted if they won!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
31-05-2009, 10:00 AM   #3

I loved Susan Boyle, she was my fave to win, so disappointed she didn't. However, Julian Smith was fab too, as were Diversity. In fact most of them were excellent I thought, the only one I really didn't want to win was Hollie, she shouldn't have been there in the first place!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
31-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #4

I have loved every moment of BGT this time, they had great acts in the final. I was really hoping Diversity would win, but I thought any 9 of the finalists could win (didn't think 2 grand would) I was delighted with the top 3 and was very excited that diversity won, they are so good at what they do and the thought process that must go into the routines is amazing. Susan Boyle & Julian will get careers from this anyway, so everyones a winner.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
31-05-2009, 10:19 AM   #5

Shall I be a real party pooper and say I have never seen BGT or the X-Factor or The Apprentice or Dancing on Ice or .... lots of others! I did watch most of one season of Strictly Come Dancine (the one Rampers won) but mostly they don't appeal. I never did like Opportunity Knocks, all those years ago, either. I think I'd rather see professionals acting professionally.
Susan Boyle has a tremendous voice though - I hope she can enjoy the fruits of it and avoid being harried by the media.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
31-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #6

we dont normally watch all the other shows, but did watch BGT. and glad diversity won. as a couple of the lads come from this town (basildon) and all the rest are essex lads. good to see lads doing something instead of just lurking around getting into mischeif.
must admit the 2 grands in the heats did have me in tears. the grandaughter has a very powerful voice for 1 so young. hope to see her doing well in the future.
young hollie was good but dont think she could of handled the fame at a young age.
susan yep great voice.
did enjoy it.
ill be reading our local paper monday it will be all over about diversity

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
31-05-2009, 03:32 PM   #7

Watched the semi's and then the final. Thought Diversity deserved their win. Very good act and great choreography. I also thought Stavros Flatley was good. Susan Boyle, great voice, but something missing last night - ?nerves?

I think most of the finalists will get some form of career ops from this.