Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
07-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #21

Re: Virtual Scrapbooking?

So - over to you guys, what theme are you thinking of?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #22

I've enjoyed reading this thread, CM, and am impressed at your creativity! And how well you explain it. It's not something I want to do myself...have thought about tackling decoupage ..... but fascinating to see how you decide and work on the layout and display!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #23

Thanks so much for posting those lovely pages of your as "examples" CM - I think you've just about answered all my questions and I've looked at your pages all twice until I understood what was going on! Just a couple of questions remain - I guess you can buy those pretty little cut leaf shapes and in your set of three where you use the three papers, are you layering one paper over another and then again - ie. one sheet is the "base"? I can also see that it's probably good as least when starting not to over burden the page with photos.

I am going to Hobbycraft tomorrow!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
08-03-2009, 12:29 AM   #24

Sometimes I have one base paper other times it is patched on top of a plain paper or card - depends what I have in my paper pile!.

One other purchase I would advise is a paper cutter - fiskars or the like. It will give you nice crisp straight cuts.

Hope you get all you need.

Have you decided on a theme for your first page or are you jumping in at the deep end?

The leaf shapes were made from a press cutter - you can buy various shapes - you slot the paper in and press the shape out - hobbycraft will have loads.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-03-2009, 12:37 AM   #25

Well, because I'm going to start with photos and bits and bobs of holidays in Sicily and Nice (if I get on well with Sicily!) both being Mediterranean venues, I thought I'd go basically for a colour theme because I love the colours I saw. It was early spring in Sicily and there was lots of orange blossom; in Nice it was the colour of the houses that struck me, pinks and blues and greens and earth colours. I am particularly fond of colours. We visited the house, now a museum, where Henri Matisse lived and worked. I love the colours in his paintings, so may go that way too. Thinking about it, I may start with the Nice pages!

I have got a guillotine but may have to get some new blades for my scalpel and a small cutting board - I have a metal ruler.