Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
06-01-2009, 10:06 AM   #1

Pipes broke!

Well tonight one of our pipes broke.
I'd been complaining about my laundryroom's pipes being frozen and habitually bursting every winter once temperatures get above freezing and it begins to thaw but it WASN'T those pipes in question. those pipes are actually running well now (as of last night at least, knock on wood!).
i am there sitting in the living room thinking i'll indulge in a little tv time to myself and i hear a loud BANG and what sounds like a faucet running from the kitchen. at first i thought my OH was just being noisy (he has a great gift for that) but looked over again to see he was not there and little kitty kuan yin was staring at the direction of the sink wide eyed.
so i jump up, look and the sink is not running water..what in the world...look down and water is gushing out of the bottom cupboard where we keep all the cleaning supplies locked away.
i yell to OH (THANK HEAVENS HE WAS HOME) and he dives head first into this eruption of water and turns a valve off that connects to our backyard hose outside the window.
i guess this whole time i was worrying about the laundryroom this winter we were neglecting to remember the pipe that burst tonight. it must have finally thawed.
all i can say is thank goodness this happened shortly after OH got off work...i really don't think i would have known what to do or even what valve to reach for..probably would have looked like an i love lucy episode gone awry with cursing, LOL.
so that's my exciting pipe story. OH is passed out on new medication and vows to recheck it in the morning before work.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
06-01-2009, 05:48 PM   #2

Re: Pipes broke!

I hate burst pipes - such devastation can be caused by water. Remember when my Mums pipes burst in the attic many years ago. Panic takes over and you don't know where to start. At least you got it stopped.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #3

Thank goodness you weren't on your own Tink! Let's hope that's the last burst pipe episode for this winter...

Glad everything is back to normal now..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
06-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #4

Glad to know you're ok now Tink, the men have their uses !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
06-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #5

That's a major worry!!! We have that at the moment but not as dramatic; loss of central heating pressure and a leak just discovered - initially thought to be in the kick-heater but now seems to be in the pipes within the wall

Heating is off (another ) and there's carnage in my kitchen so I've got to order a curry

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
06-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #6

Thanks everyone. I really don't know what I would have done if he wasn't there.
I woke up this morning after OH left and he has fireplace on and fan in front of the cupboard so I guess we're trying to dry out the inside of that cupboard. He mentioned last night that after various other problems that have occured we're going to have to eventually tear out that wall and really get into there Well, I'm not going to worry about that yet
And Yola, I think a good excuse to order curry is a great thing

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #7

Wow, what a dramatic and awful thing; thank God OH was there. Glad it wasn't worse. Hugs!!