Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
26-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #1

Litter tray frequency

I have a question about this as I've noticed Myshka's pattern is very different from Fifi and Balie. F and B visit the tray to poop once a day and to pee about 2-3 times a day maximum.

Myshka, on the other had is in and out about a good 1/2 dozen times a day at least (combination of poo and pee). Each time he 'goes' but it's only little quantities. This was right from the beginning and nothing to do with his current bout of the runs.

So my questions is do cats have different toiletting patterns (all 4 cats that I've experienced are less frequent visitors), or do you think that Myshka's trying to make sure he doesn't have any accidents as obviously that was a problem for his previous owner. Or am I reading too much into this?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #2

Re: Litter tray frequency

I have to admit I have no idea Yola - sorry. I suspect that having more than one cat in a household has something to do with it, but that's only a suspicion! Sure someone else will come along to cast light on this interesting question.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-03-2008, 04:20 PM   #3

I'm not sure if it may be multi-cats; when I had three the pattern was as you've described for Fifi and Balie: one poo a day and two or three pees. That's Leia's routine also, sometimes she skips a day and there are two poos the following one. That's an interesting observation about him being careful to avoid accidents...might be an explanation .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-03-2008, 05:44 PM   #4

DO cats think like that though?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
26-03-2008, 06:41 PM   #5

I wonder if Myshka is just scenting, marking over the clean litter to establish himself and this may settle after a while.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
26-03-2008, 06:48 PM   #6

Eva is normally a one poop and several pee's kinda gal. Bernie is more regular than the Diva, sometimes two or three poops a day and as many pee's.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
26-03-2008, 06:52 PM   #7

my lot all vary Yola. Cooper and Broxi tend to be a couple of poo's and loads of pees a day kinda lads, while Teddie does one poo and lots of pees's (can't believe I'm typing this lol)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
26-03-2008, 07:07 PM   #8

Hmm - yes, sorry Alex - didn't mean to pry into all your kitties' toilet habits It's just that I've never met a cat that goes so often. I don't think there's anything wrong; infection or the like.

Angie - that's why I asked, I didn't think cats rationalised like that but I was just applying human logic to the situation I suppose.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
26-03-2008, 07:12 PM   #9

Human logic? To a cat?
Must try that with the Diva sometime.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #10

I cannot help as min never had litter trays, apart from bonfire night time even then Oscar refused to use it. Crossed legs time.

After her Op Cleo got a tray and it stayed still she was PTS and she used the tray loads but she was 24 when she got one. So no use, my info.

It could be his regular body clock. Although he could be getting his scent around the place I suppose not sure. But certainly does not sem to have a problem being clean does he.......