Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #11

Re: Intrducing new cat to resident cat

Woo hoo, Alex, you have either a high pain threshold or incredibly well-behaved cats! I am impressed!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
25-01-2008, 10:48 PM   #12

I have been very lucky on this aspect and all of mine have welcomes new ones with open ars (paws?). A few days and it is as if they have been resident for ever. So cannot comment really! I must have very laid back kitties!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
25-01-2008, 10:54 PM   #13

On the bathing note, Tabs had about 3 in all of her life and they were well needed (i.e. one of the dogs had peed on her or something! ) none of the others have ever been bathed barr Princess who gets washed about once a month-8 weeks, as she has some trouble with her back end and sometimes she gets her fur and her tail and feet covered in it with her having a long coat, but *touch wood* she does seem to be getting a lot better on that aspect. She absolutely hates it, however she will tolerate it to an extent. It is odd but it's as if she knows she needs it doing, however much as she despises it. She has also been having baths since she was just a few weeks old and defecating for herself, so you'd think she'd be used to it by now, no such luck!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #14

I've never had any real problems: hissing. spitting, etc. but nothing violent. Although Patches, who was timid, hid in the basement for about a week before she'd face stout little Misty, who was mostly bluff, bless her. The sad exception was when I let Onyx in and Leia turned into a monster with death in her eyes....she was very seriously going to kill the intruder...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
25-01-2008, 11:57 PM   #15

I've never had a problem with introducing, some cats have become firm sleep together friends and others just tolerate but I can't imagine bathing them - I understand the reasoning and it's a good one and I guess if you have laid back cats it will work. You have to judge the temperament I guess. I can't imagine ever bathing Bubbles lol, I would come away bleeding heavily