Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
21-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #1

What is your Phobia?

I was reading the paper today and there was a girl who has a phobia of buttons... I was quite shocked to read it as my mum has that phobia.

Mine is when there's lots of tiny little holes grouped together (like a crumpet) just thinking of it make me gag lol.

So was just wondering if there was any other strange ones out there?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #2

Re: What is your Phobia?

Birds and more specifically, feathers.

I used to be scared of things such as petals - especially ones like tulip petals. Still don't like them but I can just about bear to touch them now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #3

Spiders! I have a real horror of them! And since I had a nasty fall quite a few years back I fear heights now...cannot go above one rung on a ladder without starting to shake ..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
21-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #4

Arghhh I can't stand polystyrene. I hate picturing it! It makes me feel ill!! I can't open the mushy peas from the chippy etc I have to get my parents to do it!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #5

I'm with Eileen on the spiders!!! But have to say that I am getting better - living semi rural we do get a lot of them coming indoors in the autumn and unless it's a nasty big one, I can deal with them myself. I try never to kill them. I'm fine with them outside and in the greenhouse but if I know there's one in my bedroom I can't go to bed unless OH has disposed of it for me.

It's probably really hard for people who have "strange" phobias, like buttons to try to explain why they dislike something so much. I think that spiders and heights, are probably fairly common and sort of have a basis in keeping yourself safe - or am I oversimplifying things?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
21-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #6

Spiders do it for me, I'm getting tense just typing the word!

My sister used to get the heebie-jeebies over cotton-wool, couldn't bear to touch it or even have it near her. A nephew's (ex)wife had a fear of trees, which I thought was rather bizarre.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
21-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #7

I don't mind spiders (I'm usually the designated person who 'removes' spiders, at work and at home!) I don't mind heights or flying or snakes. The only thing I really hate are the ends of bananas! Can't stand it when people eat them, even seeing them! Not sure its a phoba though, I also hate the smell,taste and appearance of fish!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
21-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #8

SNAKES!!! Nasty, evil, wriggly creatures that they are (they were chucked out of the garden of eden for a reason you know)

Stems from a childhood trip to Canada when I was on a boat trip on the lake next to my uncles house. Looked down to see a great big black water snake curled up at my feet!!! My screams could be heard back in Scotland I'm sure lol, and ever since then I cannot abide them. I can't even watch the Jungle Book or any cartoon ones!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
21-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #9

I do not have any phobia's.......... I used to be scared of geese, but after taking 2 wild ones to the vet, am ok with them now...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
21-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #10

Same as Moli, I don't think I have got any phobias