Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
30-03-2023, 06:33 AM   #1

Freezing cold Thursday.

Good morning ladies,
Nearly 5:30pm here and it's been a really cold day with gale force winds but no rain. It rained yesterday and Tuesday day and night with hail and very heavy downpours but .............my conservatory didn't flood, not even one little drop. I had a huge brolly sheet covering all the carpet and also one in the lounge and I kept checking throughout both nights but there was nothing. Declan (gutter guy) is positive it wasn't the guttering at fault, but since he's cleaned out the guttering the other day, it's been fine. I'm not out of the woods yet though, as I'm sure Declan would know what he's talking about. I'll just have to wait and see.Did a big shop on Tuesday, but couldn't get enough cat food. Today I went to the Funky Pumpkin and bought some feijoas and also went to the Sushi shop and got some Kamchu chicken on rice for Janna and myself for tea. Janna is at work until 9pm tonight, but she can heat hers up when she gets home. Tomorrow, I'll head off to St martins new World supermarket and see if they have any of the cat food I'm after.

PAMELA, Hoping you and Steven are doing OK and getting through the week.. I am thinking of you and hoping that the weather is good so you can get outside with the girls for some good walks.

SHELLEY, sounds as if you were having a relaxing morning yesterday. The birds do sound beautiful. Sorry that your wee moorhen is no longer visiting , but you never know, she might return next year. Jack and Vera always come back.You are so lucky to have the wee coal tits nesting in your garden.I hope Chris had a lovely birthday and I'm pleased he enjoyed the concert. I do agree - nobody could ever replace Freddie, but that band you saw do sound pretty good. You'll be looking forward to your doll meeting this weekend and then your trip back to Scotland for 2 weeks. How super.

Well ladies,I'm off to feed the birds and heat up my tea. It's still very cold but the cats are lying by the heat pump so they're OK.

Have a good Thursday Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
30-03-2023, 11:07 AM   #2

Re: Freezing cold Thursday.

Hello ladies,
Just sat in the car park outside the dentist, waiting for my appointment to get my mouth guard fitted.

Due back in at work asap.
Dinky, thank goodness it didnt rain in, phew.
Pamela, hope you are ok and keeping busy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
30-03-2023, 05:02 PM   #3

Re: Freezing cold Thursday.

Good evening ladies,

sorry i have been a bit quiet this week. It is just so strange in the house now. So many wee things we are missing but the girls are settling which is the main thing. We got a lovey card through from our vet today as welly. We are going to get a nice personalised card and hand it in when we pick up Barneys ashes hopefully next week.

I have just booked 2 nights away for us in June to Blackpool. We need a wee break away and i want to get Robyn used to staying in kennels for a few nights as well as she has never been there.

Ive just been busy with work as always> meant to be meeting my friend tonight but i havent heard from her so not sure whats happening. Ive messaged her but no reply as yet.

My neighbour escalated things even more!! She kept messaging me over the weekend which i chose to ignore, then on Monday she started it again and i snapped and i told her why i hadnt messaged back and SHE took offense at me being honest with her and has said she walks on eggs shells around me because i told her she upset me with her comment and she has said she will just walk past me in the street now and doesnt want to be friends but to be honest, i never saw her as a friend, just a neighbour so im really not bothered if im honest.

Dinky, so glad your conservatory didnt leak!! that must have been a relief!! I do hope you manage to get the food you need for the cats I need to go try and get cat litter for my 2.

Shelley, sounds like you have a busy time coming up!! i hope you enjoy the caravan, are you there for the easter holidays?

Have a lovely evening ladies and i will catch up soon