Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
21-03-2023, 04:55 AM   #1

Soaking wet and windy Tuesday daily.

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
Tuesday 4.30pm here and we're in the middle of a storm here. Yesterday it was meant to hit the South Island, but it stayed fine. However, last night the rain started and today it has been extremely windy and pouring with rain. Yes......... the front conservatory is leaking but the water isn't pouring into the lounge. I've got Willow's huge brolly sheet on the floor and buckets to catch the water and I can cope. The roads are very flooded but I'm certainly not going out anywhere. The cats hate this weather and are all sleeping in the lounge where the heat pump is switched on, so they're nice and warm. Janna's not working until Friday, so I'm sure this weather will have eased by then.

I made a big pot of curried sausages for my sister this morning. It should last her a couple of nights. She is finding it hard to cook meals as she works until 9pm. Peter normally does the cooking but as he can't put any weight on his foot at all, he can't really do much. I put heaps of veges in the curried sausages (I always use vegan sausages) so Mary only needs to do some potatoes/rice etc to serve with them.We're having satay flavoured chicken steaks tonight for tea and I'll make up some cauliflower rice to have with them and add a few minted peas. I love mint. Had a lovely roast meal from my sister on Sunday night - roast beef,with roast potatoes, kumara,pumpkin and peas with yummy gravy. Gosh, we were so full afterwards.

PAMELA, I hope that sunny weather you were having on Sunday has stuck around for you. It certainly isn't here anyway. I hope you enjoyed your visit to the golf course on Sunday and managed to get a game in. I'm sorry you couldn't go for a bike ride with Steven though, especially as the weather was nice. Anyway, you'll get a new bike battery soon. That's great you know someone in the golf club who will be able to get you in and you'll be able to bypass the long waiting list. Gosh, Pamela, 6 miles is a long way to walk with the girls. Fancy Robyn still having so much energy after all that exercise. I bet both Mia and Robyn enjoyed it though.Steven's mum is so lucky to have a lovely new caravan in Wales. I hope they have a lovely time away in it. Loona will be quite safe with a dog sitter, but she'll miss them. They might be able to take her with them next time. Hope the beautiful Barney is enjoying the warmer weather and of course his bed in the living room. It sounds as if he is.

SHELLEY, I'm glad that you and your friends all arrived back safely from your fun weekend. Wow, good for you for finding that vintage doll in Stratford and it was good that your friend also found a vintage dinner service as well. Unfortunate about the power cut at the hotel on Saturday night though, however I'm sure that the doll fair made up for it. Good for you for both buying and selling some dolls at the fair. I hope you're pleased with your purchases, Shelley.

Well ladies, I'll go and check those chicken steaks now. Still raining very hard here and the wind is terrible. it's a good night to be inside.

Have a great Tuesday Pamela and Shelley.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
21-03-2023, 11:11 AM   #2

Re: Soaking wet and windy Tuesday daily.

Hi again Pamela and Shelley, 11pm here now and water has been pouring into the lounge all over the carpet. I spoke too soon in my earlier post. I've used all our towels to try and cover the carpet as much as possible, but I'm not so worried about it as it's really old and stained. Thank goodness I hadn't had the new carpet put down. Going to sit up now and empty all these buckets and then Janna will take over for a while. Wish me luck, ladies. Gale force winds outside as well as heavy rain and I've lost some of my side fence My poor cats are terrified. Hope the weather is better for both of you today.