Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
05-03-2023, 02:42 AM   #1

Rainy old Sunday.

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
Sunday 1:30pm here and it's pouring down outside, but not exactly cold. At the moment, the front conservatory isn't leaking but the drains outside are overflowing so will definitely need to get them looked at again.I'm not too worried about the roof though, as it seems to leak now only when the rain is extremely heavy and coming from a certain direction. I've got 2 big brolly sheets covering the carpets anyway,just in case. It was very hot again yesterday and the day before, so in all honesty, I'm enjoying this rain.Janna is working a 1pm-9pm shift today and I'm all on my own here. She must have got soaked walking down to the bus stop but at least she puts on a uniform when she arrives at work. For her shift on Thursday ,she was asked to do admin. work all day, as the permanent woman cut her hand badly and had to go home. Poor Janna was so nervous ,but she got through it all with 45 minutes to spare. She's hoping that she doesn't have to do it today though.

My sister's husband, Peter recently had a foot operation and was in hospital for a few days. Unfortunately, he was taken back into hospital at 3am on Wednesday due to an allergic reaction to his medication. His throat started swelling up and he was finding it hard to breath and lost consciousness. He's been discharged this morning but is unable to take that medication and has to see his own doctor tomorrow.

I'm seeing my cardiologist tomorrow just for a followup visit and I'm going to see if I can stop this awful medication that makes my potassium levels rise. I would love to eat proper foods again - I think I'd kill for a potato at the moment.I'll just see what he says. Janna is off to the oral surgeon on Thursday, thank goodness. her tooth was a bit sore on friday night but has settled down again now.

The cats are all sleeping peacefully. Snoddy's on my bed and Miracle's' on Janna's bed.Freddie and Betsey are on chairs in the lounge by the heat pump, which I have just turned on. They're the only ones with any sense. I was planning on going out to the Funky Pumpkin, the vege shop today, but it's a bit wet. Brenna said she would come in and take me, but it's such a long way for her to come, it's just not worth it. Besides I was there yesterday to buy some fejoias (spelling ?) and managed to get some nice raspberries as well. Also went to the gluten free bakery next door and bought a yummy array of baking. I'm not on a gluten free diet, but i just like the taste of some of their products and they don't weigh you down. Only problem is, they're very expensive, but then everything is now.I'm just going to have an egg tonight for tea, as I'll be on my own. Janna will get tea at work, so she'll be OK. There's plenty of food here anyway if she's still hungry when she gets home.

PAMELA,,how lovely to see a bit of sunshine yesterday. It always makes you feel good. Now you've got all next week off work, and I know you're going to have a super time away. Lots of luck with cleaning your upstairs before you go, Pamela. Don't work too hard. If I were you, I'd just enjoy relaxing in that lovely new living room !!!That's a good idea to get Barney used to your sister's house before you leave him there. on Wednesday. I know she'll look after him well. I'm so sorry that poor Barney boy took a bit of a turn the other day. and I know just how distressing it is to watch. Willow took them from the age of 8 on a regular basis, but at least they are usually short and not painful for the dog. A word of warning Pamela - don't put your hands anywhere near Barney's mouth if you think he is having a seizure. I made that mistake because i really thought Willow had fallen over in the muddy grass when she took her first one and 7 stitches were the result. Just talk to him quietly and gently and he'll come out of it fine. At least, he still enjoys going out for his walk, which is great.

SHELLEY I hope you had a wonderful birthday on Friday and got lots of nice presents. How did your dental appointment go last week ? Hopefully you needed no work done. I bet you enjoyed that doll fair yesterday ,Shelley. and I hope you found a few bargains there and were able to sell some of your own dolls. That wee moorhen must be finding plenty of food in your garden and how lovely that you have the coal tits nesting in the garden as well. You are lucky and I'm pleased they have found a safe haven to lay their eggs there.

Well ladies, I'll go and do the dishes now, then perhaps read my Mary Higgins Clark book for a bit . Oh, it's a tough life !!!

Have a really good Sunday, Pamela and Shelley.