Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
01-03-2023, 03:40 AM   #1

Wednesday Daily.

Good morning ladies,
2:45pm here right now and it's a warmish day with just a wee bit of wind to make it nice. Sorry i haven't been around for the past week. Our weather has been terrible. - from very very hot temperatures up to 31degrees to terrible heavy rain. and yes, my conservatory started leaking again. Unfortunately the rain came into the lounge and soaked my computer and Jared has had to replace the nuc AGAIN, also the , keyboard and mouse. It's still trying to delete everything I write but Jared, who is here at the moment, is pretty sure it's the mouse. I'm sorry but I can't delete any spelling/grammatical errors i make as this stupid computer will delete my whole post. Jared says he'll get me another mouse tomorrow and we've moved the computer desk over to the other side of the lounge. We've also had a couple of biggish quakes lately, all centred in this area - one on the 26Feb and one today- which is freaking me out a bit. I cannot bear to go through all those big quakes again. it was a nightmare. In fact, this house wouldn't stand up to another really big quake as it has been badly damaged from the last big ones, and Eqc repairs are pretty shoddy, as a lot of people are discovering. Due to the surface flooding that we've had, all my outside drains are blocked and I'm going to have to get the guttering cleaned out again. My lounge and conservatory carpets are all damp again, but I'm going to just leave them as the fans i had last time were so noisy and the cats were terrified.The carpets need replacing anyway and I already have new carpet rolls in the hall. I'm just not ready to replace it yet as the old carpet reminds me of Willow.

My cats all took off during todays quake and hid under my bed. Snoddy has since come out, along with Betsey, but Miracle and freddie are still under there. I'm praying that we don't get any more bigger ones tonight.

Snoddy has been OK, still sleeps a lot, but is eating etc and enjoys going outside at night and chasing moths on the back lawn. He managed to pull one of his front claws right out the other day and his paw was bleeding but it seems OK now and he's no longer limping. I'm just watching but will take him to the vet if I need to.

Janna is at work today. She has 3 shifts this week, 3 next week and 4 the following week, so it's picking up now, thank goodness. She's off to the oral surgeon next Thursday.

PAMELA, hope the weather has warmed up for you a bit since Monday, Pamela. It sounds as if your cousin's wedding went well and how lovely that you and your dad were both on hand to photograph her on her big day. I'm sure the photos will turn out beautifully. I hope your dad had a nice trip to Latvia. That new trainer that you have for Robyn sounds perfect. It was good that he/she acknowledged all the work you have already done with her.Yes, your living room does indeed look stunning. and you both must be very very proud. Good on you for leaving the futon in there for Barney to use. I'm sure he's grateful. I bet you're getting excited about Crufts now - not long to go.. I hope you both really enjoy it.

SHELLEY, it sounds as if you are very busy at work at the moment, Shelley, but you'll be looking forward to all those doll get-togethers in March. Is the wee moorhen still visiting your garden ? Jack and Vera, my ducks have gone now, but I hope they'll come back again towards the end of the year. I know what you mean about hanging on to certain items, but I'm really terrible at letting things go. I'm going to ask Paddy if he wants all the books he wrote when he was a child, and if so ,then I'll send them to him. If not, then I really will have to get rid of at least some of them.Sorry your dad is having trouble with glue ear.. Ventilation tubes worked well for Paddy and I'm sure they'll do the same for your dad if he needs them. Glad Reuben is continuing to do well.

Well ladies, I'm off to make something for tea. Not sure what yet. Janna finishes work at 5pm, so may do a chicken /pasta dish. Sorry about any spelling mistakes in this post - I daren't go back and correct them.

Have a really good Wednesday ladies..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-03-2023, 10:00 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday Daily.

Evening Dinky and morning Pamela.
Lazy start to the day, dog walk, post a doll I've sold, dentist and alpha course this evening.
It's my birthday on Friday so I need to buy yummy goodies for my workmates.
Looking forward to the doll fair on Saturday.
I'm selling and buying.
Dinky, I hope things settle soon with your atrocious weather and hope you have no more bad earthquakes, must be so scary.
Poor Snoddy, that must have really hurt.
Pamela, glad the wedding went well and hope your dad enjoyed Latvia.
Great that you have your new sofa and have finished decorating.
The moorhen still visits and we have coal tits nesting in the box in our garden.