Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
19-02-2023, 07:55 AM   #1

Sunday and it's HOT.

Good morning ladies,
Sunday 7pm here and it's been another very hot day with a high of 30 degrees outside. We caught the tail end of Cyclone Gabrielle last week and the temperature dropped dramatically but got through that OK with no power outages, just very strong winds and heavy rain. Thankfully the front conservatory didn't leak again. Today has been dreadful for the poor cats but I've had the air con on all day and the Dyson going in my bedroom . Miracle is sleeping on the Kool mat at the moment in the lounge, Snoddy spent the day stretched out on my bed and Freddie and Betsey have been sleeping in the bookcase in the back conservatory. I've spent the last few days going through all Paddy's Correspondence School booklets and chucking them out.I found a lot of books that he wrote and illustrated when he was in the primary section of school and spent the afternoon reading them all. One in particular was so funny - Angus McFiskers in "Ready for Play", which he wrote when he was 10. - it is based on one of my colourpoint cats (another Snodgrass of course), and is a take-off of the writer ,Lynley Dodd, who wrote the Hairy McCleary books for children. I actually feel like sending a copy to her and see what she . It all rhymes ,just like her books and is cleverly illustrated as well. I just cannot throw his books out, so I'm going to have to find a storage box for them all. Gosh, I'm so sentimental. i also cooked my sister a farmhouse casserole this afternoon because she wasn't sure how to make one. Her husband usually does all the cooking, but he has just had an operation on his foot to repair ligament damage and he can't manage his crutches very well. I also have a thermo- wave oven which mary, my sister doesn't have,, so I offered to make her a BIG casserole which should last them for a few nights. All she needs to do is cook a few potatoes or rice each night ,as the casserole has plenty of veges in it. I've just heard the weather for tomorrow and it's going to be 25 degrees, so a bit better than today, and it's going to rain on Wednesday, thank .goodness. Janna is also working on Wednesday this week, and next week ,she has got 2 days work. Hopefully she'll get more shifts from then on.

PAMELA,, I'm so pleased to hear that you, like Shelley, stuck up for Barney when others made horrid comments about his behaviour. Good for you. That was a brilliant idea to say he had some awful ailment. i bet they couldn't get their dogs away from him quickly enough then. Serves them right. You must be so looking forward to getting your new sofas. Not long to wait now. , and your flooring will soon be done as well. I hope you're managing to get a bit of rest over this weekend, Pamela. Things have been pretty hectic for you lately and you can do with a bit of time off. I'm sure Steven will put up your new curtain pole and roller blind this weekend as well .I do hope that the high winds you had on Friday have settled down now and not keeping you awake at night. Oh yes, big congratulations for receiving your Crufts confirmation with your girls. You must be so proud, and Mia and Robyn will enjoy it so much, as will you and Steven. Please don't worry about leaving Barney. He will be fine and it's only for a short time. I'm sure he'll be spoiled totally.

SHELLEY,I hope Chris's final treatment at the hospital went well for him. At least now, you won't need to make that long trip there and back, for a while anyway. Hopefully his review in 3 months will also be favourable. I bet you both enjoyed your shopping expedition after the hospital visit on Saturday, especially as you were getting some sunny weather as well Not long now until March and that doll fair, Shelley. I suppose you're all ready for it now. Have the members of your doll club seen your book on your Great-aunt and that beautiful doll yet ? I'm sure they would be most impressed. I hope you have found the perfect spot in your home to display them both. Enjoy that spell of sunny weather, won't you ?.

Well ladies, I'm off now to bring in some washing. It's starting to cool down a little outside now, so the cats will enjoy going out for a bit shortly.

Have a really good ,relaxing Sunday Pamela and Shelley.