Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
08-02-2023, 09:04 AM   #1

Warm but bearable Wednesday.

Good morning ladies.
Wednesday evening 7.45pm here and all up, it hasn't been a bad day . Over the last few days, it's been unbearably hot, day and night - temperatures got up to 33 degrees during the day and I literally couldn't do anything at all. It was even too hot to moan !!! I've got Willow's kool mat on the lounge floor and the cats have been lying flat out on it all day, panting. Snoddy, the one who really needs it, unfortunately refuses to step on it, but he's quirky about anything like that anyway.. It's so big that I've been lying on it as well, and it's been lovely, especially when it's just been resoaked. But today, the temperature dropped to around 22 with a breeze and the cats have been a lot happier and tomorrow, it's going to be 18 with a bit of rain. I can't wait. I took Snoddy to see Michele today and he was terrified. She felt his heart rate was very fast ,but after a bit he settled down and it improved', he had a normal temperature, eyes and ears were all good, teeth good apart from one which had broken off years ago, but she didn't think that was causing him any trouble, she did bloods to check kidney and liver function and the results were all good, and his tummy felt good, so overall, she couldn't find anything wrong. She thinks it might be just the heat getting to him, plus being a persian,with a flat face, this won't be helping. I'm just going to keep my eye on him for the next few weeks and if he doesn't improve, I'm to bring him back. She did give him a worming tablet however as he hadn't had one since he was a kitten. I give them all a natural remedy for worms instead and they've never had any trouble. Gosh Snoddy was so angry when I got him home. He calmed down eventually. He's sleeping peacefully on the lounge chair right now.

We had a beautiful Thai takeaway meal tonight for tea - Pad Thai with pork. Not sure if I was meant to eat it, but I certainly enjoyed it., as did Janna

PAMELA,,I'm pleased that you've started the training with Robyn again. I know you both get so much enjoyment out of it.I hope you had a great time last night ,meeting up with your Birmingham team and really enjoyed a lovely Italian meal together.I'm glad, too, that you have bought that new curtain pole and let's hope that Steven was able to put it up last night while you were out. I bet it looks great. Have you got your car back yet ? I'm sure it's not far away anyway. Hope all your fur babies are doing well and Barney is coping with the cold weather OK.

SHELLEY,I'm pleased that Chris's treatment is having the desired effect. It makes all the travelling worthwhile. What a horrid lady you met on your beach walk last Saturday. I'm afraid I would have lost my temper if she said that to me.You must have a patience of a saint, Shelley, not to have turned on her. I can remember a woman yelling at me when I was walking at the lake with Willow. She screamed at me not to let that dog near her and that breed were dangerous and should be banned. I hadn't had Willow very long and was still still working with her behavioural issues at the time and the more the woman yelled at me, the more agitated Willow got and started advancing towards her with all her hackles raised. I only just managed to get the leash on her and then abused this woman. I feel a bit ashamed of myself now, but at the time,I just lost it, I'm afraid. How lovely that the little moorhen visits your garden to get food. I agree with Pamela - you should get a photo of her. Hope your Makaton SL practice went well on Monday night as well. Good luck dressing the 3 dolls for the fair in March. You will be so looking forward to it.

Well ladies, I'm off to take the cats outside now for a play. it is nice and cool now and the birds have all gone to bed.

Have a great Wednesday, Pamela and Shelley.