Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
04-02-2023, 09:29 AM   #1

very hot Saturday.

Good morning ladies,
Saturday 8.30pm here and at last it's beginning to cool down a little outside. We've been having a heat wave here over the last few days and today ,the temperature got to 35 degrees. yesterday it got to 34. Luckily for all of us, it's meant to drop to 28 tomorrow. and maybe even rain a bit. High fire danger now and our beaches here are all contaminated so nobody can enter the water. The earthquakes seem to have stopped again now, thank goodness. My poor cats have been terrible in the heat and aren't eating anything. My sinuses have been bad ,but I'm on antibiotics from the doctor for 2 weeks, so they should clear OK. Our main big hospital here lost power last night and the emergency generators didn't kick in. The place was in total darkness for one hour and they had to stop all operations for that period. Evidently it was something to do with the quakes.

Snoddy is off to the vet to see Michele on Wednesday.However, he has picked up a bit now and I think it's the heat that's making him unwell.The other cats aren't moving much either. Snoddy hadn't pooped for a couple of days, but now he's OK in that area again. He's got so much fur on him, as they all do, all that is apart from Betsey ,who was totally shaved at the groomer last week.She's the best out of the lot of them. I also can't find Willow's Kool mat. I've put it in a good safe place and forgotten where.It might be in the garage so I'll look tomorrow when it's cooler.

PAMELA, congratulations on getting all that wallpapering done in record time You must have been so so busy., but I bet it looks wonderful now. You've also got your new flooring all ready to be laid, so you're nearly there, Pamela.AND a new TV unit as well. I hope your search for curtain poles and roller blinds went well and you managed to find exactly what you wanted. Thank goodness you were able to get a courtesy car, but at least your own car will be back soon. and I think it's wise that you send Barney to your sister's while you are away. It will be safer and quieter for him there, and better for his legs too.

SHELLEY,I hope Chris's treatment is continuing to go well for him. You'll be so looking forward to that doll fair in March and then the road trip to Surrey as well. That Chinese buffet that you took your dad to the other night sounds yummy.I hope he thoroughly enjoyed his day. Thank goodness that the electrician will have his house completed soon. I was hoping it would have been all finished by now, but good things take time.

Well ladies, I'm off to take the cats outside for a bit now.

Have a wonderful Saturday.Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-02-2023, 09:58 AM   #2

Re: very hot Saturday.

Hello ladies.
Going to church this morning and then we will do a food shop.
We've started to use aldi for the bulk of it and then just get a bit from tesco.
I find aldi has quite a good vegetarian range and most of the food good quality.
Chris's treatment going well.
Yesterday we met my cousin and husband there and we walked along the beach.
Kwame sometimes whinges on a day out for various reasons.
A horrible woman shouted that it was because he needed to run free.
After I said he would attack every dog on the beach she basically shouted that I should train him not to and it was my fault.
Pamela, wonderful that you have finished the papering.
Hope you find a nice pole, blind and curtains.
Dinky, glad to hearcSnoddy has picked up a bit and hope your sinuses clear soon.