Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-09-2008, 08:32 AM   #1

Daily Thread - Tuesday

Morning all. Surprisingly enough I feel fine this morning, thought I was gonna be in agony and very stiff but I'm not.
Will be glad to see the back of September though what with the cats being sick, the poor parrot dying and now the crash, hope thats my run of bad luck over for a long time.
Sunny spells and rain forecast for today and I have left my waterproofs in the van . G is gonna pop into the garage where the van is and collect them for me as the garage is close to his work.
Anyway better get off to work now. Be good every one

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-09-2008, 09:17 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread - Tuesday

Good morning.
Glad you're OK Elaine and I agree with you - sometimes you just can't wait for a week/month/year to end; nothing good seems to happen and you feel the need to move on.
No sun this morning but the clouds appear to be lifting a bit, so hopefully no rain yet.
Amazing news on the world/finance front. I must email my city-type daughter and see what she predicts.
Hope everyone has a good and drama-free day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-09-2008, 09:34 AM   #3

It's drizzling and chilly here. Yuk. Sebi was so-so at nursery dropping off time, not hysterical but not exactly happy to see me go either! The boys have their harvest festival this morning, I'd like to go but if Sebi sees me he'll not let me leave again

We are interviewing a potential sales person this afternoon so I'm a bit 'suited and booted' today rather than the usual baggy jumper and boots, but apart from that - nothing much going on.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #4

Good Morning all

Sun is just coming through the cloud so hopefully we'll have a dry morning, it's quite windy though.

My broadband is being changed over to Sky today so hopefully that will go smoothly..

Elaine, glad you feel ok this morning and free of aches and pains.....don't overdo things just yet though.

Enjoy your day everyone..

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
30-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #5

Morning all! I've been away from boards for a few days so a bit behind - Elaine, what is this about a crash?!

Good luck with the interviews Yola, must be fun to be on the otherside of the desk

Mags, let us know how the broadband goes! Right now we have a 3 mobile broadband and it's so tempramental. There's a Sky dish with the flat and so tempted to get Sky TV and Broadband

DM - I'm a bit apprehensive myself about this global economic crisis Fingers crossed!

I'm back at work after a four-day weekend (glasgow bank holiday!) After a month or two of being very unproductive in anything, I'm motivated to start exercising and eating healthily again! So I've got a yoghurt, banana and apple at work to tide me over instead of the usual slab of cake, and got my gym gear for an exercise class later Just need to keep the motivation up! Also, trying to cut out wheat - not entirely, but avoid bread and pasta where possibe to see if it makes any difference to my sore tum, and general lack of energy. Methinks I may be gluten-intolerant

Hope everyone has a great day! I'm sitting at my desk with wet feet as it poured on the way to work (and I walk in) so no excuses from anyone else since I'm still smiling

Catsey Veteran

30-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
DM - I'm a bit apprehensive myself about this global economic crisis Fingers crossed!
Daughter says they are desperate for the US to pass the bail-out. Without it, her company (a big one) and presumably many others, are in serious jeopardy. Ho hum.
We're still a lot better off than a huge proportion of the rest of the world and way way better off than many.

Almost a Veteran Member

30-09-2008, 10:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Daughter says they are desperate for the US to pass the bail-out. Without it, her company (a big one) and presumably many others, are in serious jeopardy. Ho hum.
We're still a lot better off than a huge proportion of the rest of the world and way way better off than many.
From what I've heard in the news, the £700bn didn't pass in Congress, and I don't think they're going to hold another vote on it. So it's not happening (I think) Which probably means a big bank or lender will go bust, which could potenitally have a huge knock-on effect across the US and the world Like I said, fingers crossed!

Catsey Veteran

30-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #8

It failed last night but will be brought back, either as is or amended, towards the end of the week.

Almost a Veteran Member

30-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #9

That is good news thanks for letting us know, much more comforting.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #10

I'm absolutely livid at the House not passing the bail-out bill! Congressmen thinking about their re-election rather than the good of the country; bill will be re-introduced with some changes, better pass or we'll be back in the Great Depression before we know it and drag the global economy down with us.....end of rant!!

Sunny but coolish here, only 20 degrees; seems to be cooler earlier than normal this year, usually still nice enough for shorts! Market run this morning, and plan to do some garden work this afternoon if

the mosquitoes aren't too awful. Cool weather hasn't slowed them down......

Have a nice day.....