Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #11

Re: Daily Thread.......Wednesday....

Hello to all who said hello after my earlier post!
I've remembered I said yesterday that I would update you as to the little domestic drama we had the previous day, but I never did, so ..... *deep breath*, well

Monday afternoon I was ironing in the middle bedroom (lucky me!) when there was the most ginormous crack/tinkle/smash from downstairs. I immediately thought it was cats on the kitchen surface, up to no good. I vaquely recalled that I had left my tagine on the surface, with braised lamb shank for Monday's meal. Oh no, not our supper! The dog will already have gone to investigate before I get downstairs, bread and jam for us, etc etc.

So, I snapped "Who's up to no good?", as I set off down the stairs, passing Chester, looking agitated, on the way up.

Well, it turned out that, for whatever reason, the radiator cover in the hall had become detatched from the wall and tipped forward. It being quite a narrow hall it had fallen into the opposite cupboard but not completely hit the deck. However, its 'decorative touches', a silvered metal dish of pot porri and 4 glass tealights had fallen to the (tiled) floor. 2 had fallen to their death. Dinah was in her bed in the kitchen, chin on paws, looking up at me from under her eyelids "Wasn't me Mum and even if it was I am really really sorry and I didn't mean to".

So, I picked and swept everything up, looked for Chester, who was still doing a Corporal Jones up and down the stairs "Don't panic Captain Mainwairing, sir". Tried to reassure him but he wasn't having any and soon disappeared to one of his favourite 'I can't see you so you can't see' me hidey holes.

Peace returned and I pretty much forgot about it. Animal teatime came, but Chester didn't appear. I left him, thinking he would be best to come to in his own time.

Then I had reason to go to our bedroom, on the second floor and with pale carpet on the floor and stairs leading to it. Eeeek! It was a scene from a slasher movie! Poor Ches had obviously trodden on a piece of broken glass, and pussys' toes are very vascular. Blood on the carpet and splashed up the wall! So, that was me having a fascinating evening on my hands and knees with a cloth and that wonderful bottle of Vanish spot cleaner.

All's well that ends well. I can't even see which toe it was Chester hurt, it healed so quickly - and the carpet is absolutely fine. I'm so glad I got the stain resistant one

Ah pets - don't you just love 'em? And I still don't know what really happened - but I think it may have started with inappropriate jumping on the part of the cat, or boisterous play between dog and cat

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #12

Blimey DM, you don't do things by halves in your house do you!! !!Good to here Chester is ok though....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #13

Cripes H!!! That had me laughing and gasping almost in one breath (if that's possible ).

I'm glad that all has turned out for the best. Hey, what's a couple of tealights between friends and pets, eh??

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #14

Haven't long been back from shopping in town with my daughter. Managed to get Jamie's 6th birthday present for next month and a few odds and ends.

Our brand new Shopping Centre opens tomorrow..........it has taken almost 10 years to build at a cost of £500 million!! We were going down tomorrow for the opening but it seems they are having entertainment in the morning, trapeze artists, bands etc and the official opening isn't until 12 noon. The roads will be congested, car parks full so we decided to leave visiting until the dust has settled!

Catsey Veteran

24-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #15

You lot are SO spoilt for shopping down in Bristol Mags. Not ony do you have the ginormous Cribbs Causeway you've now got a whole new retail palace too

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
24-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #16

Hey everyone! Just wanted to explain my absence from the boards; I'm missing you and your kitty friends! Was at a work event from Friday morning till Sunday evening and now the workload has increased 10 fold; we work with Universities and now Fresher's fairs have kicked off it's extra busy for us. So haven't had much time for Catsey but will be back online soon!

Me and the boys send love to you all x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
24-09-2008, 03:56 PM   #17

The washing machine has arrived
Five loads to do
Then all the drying
Then . . . . . . the ironing

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #18

Wow, interesting posts today! Moli's missing boiler man, new washing machine, PL getting ready to make one of her creative displays, Mags new supermarket, poor Sebi howling again, and DM's hysterical post! Glad poor Chester's OK. It's dull as dishwater here as usual; did the market run, nothing special planned. Sunny but still chilly, 18 degrees, and rain tomorrow and Friday.....Leia's sleeping on her thermal cushion and I'm about to go fix lunch!

Hope to see you at the quiz tonight, I'm quizmistress again ........

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-09-2008, 05:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
You lot are SO spoilt for shopping down in Bristol Mags. Not ony do you have the ginormous Cribbs Causeway you've now got a whole new retail palace too
We now have our own Harvey Nicholls as well, Yola .......I'll have to start saving my pennies if I want anything in there!

Seriously though, it's about time Bristol had a decent shopping centre and by the look of this one, they've done us proud!

Catsey Veteran

24-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #20

Harvey Nicks . . . .

I'll be on the next train down