Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
21-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #1

Daily thread - Sunday

Morning all.
Looks like another lovely, sunny day again up here, shame my mood isnt as bright and cheery but I am sure i will pick myself up and move on from recent events in a day or so. Nadia and her SSPCA neighbor have told me to put it down to experience and both said I did all i could which is nice of them but you feel so responsible when it's some one elses animal that was under your care.
Anyway moving on from that...
Going to try to chill out today by spending the afternoon in the garden with the cats, I may even cut the grass and cut back the honey suckle which is taking over the shed at the moment, read a book maybe.
Have a good day every one, I hope the sun is shinning for you all. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-09-2008, 09:53 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread - Sunday

Sunny day for us here Elaine.
I think you did all you could and take comfort from that Elaine. At least the dear thing was cared for til the end

Hope to go for a walk in the park later, the leaves are turning and falling already, it looks so pretty. Just put a fleece on for comfort as it's cold in the shade.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #3

Morning Elaine and PP

Another lovely sunny day here as well but there is definite autumnal chill in the air this morning.

Elaine, these things do come as a shock to you but you did all you possible could, you took the bird to the vet as soon as you realised something was wrong. These things happen and it was just unfortunate it was when the owner was away. You did your utmost, and it sounds like Nadia appreciates that fact...

Hope you all have lovely weather today...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
21-09-2008, 01:27 PM   #4

((Hugs)) Elaine

Lovely day here, bright and sunny. My mood is very down too. My son started back for his final year at Cardiff uni yesterday and my daughter left today for her first year to the University of London. I am very close to my daughter and there were plenty of tears this morning and she has sent me 3 texts already! Hopefully she is coming back for the week-end in a few weeks as it isn't very far by train. As I'm a Londoner, my family still live there, so at least she has familiar faces to visit. Hasn't stopped me feeling very sad though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #5

Kim what a milestone. IS your daughter your youngest? It must be a real wrench for you. I know my Dad found it very difficult when I went off to art school in the Midlands - he didn't tell me till years after tho

Today we've been to take Domi for a riding lesson and then stopped off at a lovely country pub for a quick pub lunch and drink. The plan was to let the boys have a run, but Sebi filled his nappy badly (sorry ) and I didn't have a spare so we had to come home! OH has now gone to the supermarket, Sebi's sleeping in the car and I'm drawing dinosaurs with Dominik in the garden.

The weather is glorious . . . hot, sunny and beautifully still.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
21-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #6

Lovely day here too, feeling slightly the worse for wear after a weekend of partying-I think I'm getting too old!
Imogen is enjoying the weather, she's sunbathing on the windowsill, purring away

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
21-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #7

Thanks Yola. Yes, Rachel is my youngest, she is 18, Adam will be 21 in November. It really is such a wrench her leaving; the 'empty' feeling is awful.

Sounds like an idyllic day for you (except the nappy!) Enjoy - the time passes so quickly. x Is Domi enjoying his riding lessons? Rachel used to love hers.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #8

Hiya all been in the garden all day ripped loads out and replanned however now feeling cream crackered...and waiting for dinner being cooked by my Mom, roast beef and all the trimmings.
Took a car full of garden rubbish round the skip but could fill another car now....but not fussed I am really tired.

Yola your day sounds ideal the riding lessons are getting to be a Sunday feature then.

Kim - can't say anything but "take care"

PP Hope you ejoyed your walk.

Take care all Karen

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
Thanks Yola. Yes, Rachel is my youngest, she is 18, Adam will be 21 in November. It really is such a wrench her leaving; the 'empty' feeling is awful.

Sounds like an idyllic day for you (except the nappy!) Enjoy - the time passes so quickly. x Is Domi enjoying his riding lessons? Rachel used to love hers.
I know what you mean Kim, I've been through it too.......it's almost like a bereavement feeling in a way, isn't it... The times I set the table for four people after.......then three, before it sank in it was just the two of us now..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-09-2008, 04:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I know what you mean Kim, I've been through it too.......it's almost like a bereavement feeling in a way, isn't it... The times I set the table for four people after.......then three, before it sank in it was just the two of us now..

Mags you're supposed to be cheering Kim up not joining her in the doldroms....and remember Mags where your daughter used to sit now she coes complete with a lovely husband and two gorgeous grandchildren...........all because you let her go. ...and you wouldn't not have that for the world would you?