Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
04-09-2011, 08:59 AM   #1

Choca-mocha Sunday

Brown is such a dull word for a colour that has many lovely warm shades, think chocolate, fudge- all sweet & edible.

Up with the lark this morning- typical, no reason to get up just couldn't lie-in. On with the ironing then it is, watching Corrie omnibus to distract me from the chore. No lunch to prepare- hooray- eating out at local carvery with the kids. Tom is going to comprehensive school and celebrating his 12th birthday on the same day; Tuesday the 6th. A get together after his holiday and a meal to recognise this rite of passage

Watched the Proms last night on BBC2, " Hooray for Hollywood" a trip down memory lane of all the big show tunes, from Fred & Ginger to Streisand and Garland, what a fab night.
Sang along with gusto, in my warbley off key contralto what the heck, only Posh and OH to listen to it!

Kazz is probably in meltdown today- HOLIDAYS a-coming!! I feel the same only a fortnight to go for us too.

see you later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #2

Re: Choca-mocha Sunday

Hello everyone, i'm back again. We had a great time at the caravan as usual.
PP hope you enjoy the carvery.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #3

I am in meltdown................in fact in a moment I will meet myself coming back.

Hope you enjoy your meal out PP are you a carvery fan? I love them.
And do enjoy your holiday, sounds great. I love the proms and would of liked that but missed it holiday head on. Tom is 12......WOW.
Enjoy the day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #4

Have a good lunch PP and a great holiday Kazz. Welcome back Shelley, glad you had a nice time.

I'm just looking at the weater wondering if I can fit some gardening in before the threatened hailstorms!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #5

Hello all! Oooooh choca-mocha Sunday (or Sundae?) - wonderful, what a lovely welcome!

Hope you enjoy your carvery PP and get all the ironing done beforehand! Welcome back Shelley, glad you enjoyed your break and Kazz .......... I can feel your excitement, hope you have the best time on your holiday! Hailstorm CS? We have had torrential rain here - OH took Monty out in it, I have some photos of a dog that looks as if he's had a perm!

Just having a nice fresh coffee now ..... had another lousy night and not sure what this afternoon will bring. Dr Who DVDs and a snooze maybe?

Hope everyone has a good Sunday ..... kids back to school next week, so we can be a bit more adventurous with our walks and go around the harbour again. We stay clear of popular places during the holidays.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
04-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #6

We've had some horrendous rain here today, the guttering was overflowing at times.

We also had a little mouse that wandered into the kitchen when OH left the back door open and it promptly disappeared into the tiniest gap between the dryer and the wall
We left the door open in the hope that it would wander out again but how would we know unless we actually saw it? A little later I emptied the crumb tray from the toaster just outside the back door and almost immediately saw a very wet mouse on the step gobbling up the crumbs! I'd like to think it was the same one and he'd wandered out while we weren't watching but we'll have to set a trap tonight just in case.

PP we loved the Proms last night, singing along just like you, a great show

Just checked the premium bond prizes online and I've won £75 in the September draw, OH didn't win anything but I'll share

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #7

Hey, all! More clouds than sun here, nearing 11 am and 24 C (75 F), may warm up a bit prior to cold rain coming Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from Tropical Storm Lee, that's presently drenching the South. Not a pleasant way to end the last long weekend of the Summer. It's Labor Day tomorrow. No news, all's quiet here, suits me,

MrsH, a trap? Jason and Molly won't catch the mouse? Kazz, the excitement is actually coming thru the computer.... you're ready for the holiday! Shelley, glad you're back and had a good time. PP, question: what exactly is a carvery; know it's a restaurant of course, does it specialize in beef? Hope you enjoy it. Angie, does the house smell of wet dog?

Take care, enjoy the day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
04-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #8

evening everyone, how are you all tonight? I went to my flying lesson today and it was amazing!! even better than last time!! I had a female instructor today. We even did a barrel roll in the plane which was amazing!!!

The weather is dull here althoughit was really nice earlier on which was great for the lesson. Not upto much tonight just watching dragons den then bed for work tomorrow.

Hope you all had a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #9

Glad you're enjoying the flying lessons, Pamela! I get the cold grues just at the mere idea....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
04-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #10

Evening all. Just watched the programme on BBC about Miracle Babies in Nature. Gorgeous little baby pandas and an Indian rhino and tamarind monkeys. All endangered species, so precious babes indeed. The marvellous care of the zoo staff and the devotion of the animal mums was remarkable- fell absolutely in love with tiny weeny panda cub.

Eileen, a carvery is where you can have a choice of meats, usually hot and just out of the oven and serve yourself your own veg. and sauces from a hot trolley. I chose beef and turkey today, with accompanying Yorkshire pudding, sausage and stuffing; the veggies were, cabbage, cauliflower cheese, carrots and swede, boiled & roast potatoes. It was all delicious and soon devoured with relish

Pamela, barrel rolling you got guts girl!!!! wheeeee

Countryfile on the telly now, so I'm listening out for the weekly weather forecast later on the show. Bye for now x