Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-10-2007, 09:58 PM   #281

Re: Excessive bank charges - anybody going to complain to their bank?

Shucks....but still you could give it a go because logicaly if the court case goes against the banks they would owe you more; however if they settle now for the "lesser" amount then they are saving money....: .......and as far as they are concerned they may be glad to just have one less "claim" you never know. Give them a call.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

30-10-2007, 09:59 PM   #282

Best of luck.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
30-10-2007, 10:05 PM   #283

Kim, I would give the bank a call, from what I have read on the CAG the banks are still paying out. No harm in phoning them.

Catsey Veteran

30-10-2007, 11:20 PM   #284

Emma have you seen the people claiming for the PPI charges back on loans? seems interesting.

Catsey Veteran

14-11-2007, 07:37 PM   #285

Just had this email from the penaltycharges forum

Dear friends,
Most news letters you receive are based on what the site can do for you! This is not how penaltycharges.co.uk works. This site is your site, its design has changed and developed from your input, the site aim is to help people understand their legal rights in all areas of Consumer Law. The site is set up to help you help yourself and if you then wish you can help new members.
Sadly some of you might have become a little disheartened because of the OFT test case. Well don’t be. Remember the fight does not end till the fat lady sings and I have not heard any one singing YET ( "rezza8 is not a fat lady").
The OFT report on the fairness of bank charges is due any day now. The question is will the OFT be recommending a limit like they did with credit cards. If so will the banks agree to this limit "probably" then guess what? Yes you’re right it’s the end of test case.
Remember that people with credit card / business / loan and mortgage claims are still being successful at getting their charges refunded. What is more, since the Stay’s came into play we have still helped recover over £300,000.00 for members.
Check out these recent winners
http://www.penaltychargesforum.co.uk...play.php?f=183

Next month we will be focusing on some of the Big Chains and focusing in on the extended warranties that are being sold to consumers. We will be looking at the question, "do you need them or are they a rip-off ?", and if so why and does the Law offer you greater protection than these warranties? Well if you want the answer login and check out our consumer section. Or even come and post and have your say. Remember it's your site.
Over the next few months we will be looking more into consumer retail shopping and offering free advice on many consumer issues. Penaltycharges.co.uk is growing Our aim is to be the number one site for Free consumer law advice on the net.

LAST BIG NEWS
WATCH BBC2 ON FRIDAY THE 16TH MONEY PROGRAME 2007 GREAT UPDATE ON BANK CHARGES. Oh you get to see me and Angela Knight

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
14-11-2007, 11:56 PM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Shucks....but still you could give it a go because logicaly if the court case goes against the banks they would owe you more; however if they settle now for the "lesser" amount then they are saving money....: .......and as far as they are concerned they may be glad to just have one less "claim" you never know. Give them a call.

Karen
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Kim, I would give the bank a call, from what I have read on the CAG the banks are still paying out. No harm in phoning them.
Sorry, must have missed these replies. Thanks for your support, I do appreciate it. I could really do with the money, especially this time of year. Will give them a ring, as you say, nothing to lose!

Catsey Veteran

15-11-2007, 06:13 PM   #287

Come on Kim ring and let me know I was wondering.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
14-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #288

D-day today then. The final court case, to sort this out once and for all.
Must admit that i will not be pleased if, now that I am finally solvent and in debt to no-one, banks will start charging to run ordinary accounts, to make up for the money they will lose if they lose this milch-cow.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH
14-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #289

Very fascinating read - good luck to everyone who has a claim - its barmy that they charge so much BUT I did see on the Beeb this morning that they may change the language they use to get around the law - TYPICAL !!!

If they say 'penalty' it can only be the costs they can claim from the customer. eg a letter for 2 quid and not 30 quid.

If they say 'fee' then they can charge what they want !

So watch this space eh !!!

ah, but for me, bank charges are a thing of the past - living in Spain you get charged for everything. I was shocked to learn that banks charge you to take a cheque from their OWN bank if its been issued from another branch hah !!!!!!!!!!!!!! work that one out

Catsey Veteran

25-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #290

Well despite the OFT losing their case in the Supreme Court, It would appear that the bank charges reclaiming is back on!!! woohoo!! I will be watching these threads with interest as there are a few people I know of who would like to make a claim.

More here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ase-not-2.html

Is your claim still on stay Kim??

Interesting to hear that the Consumer Action Group has had £17.5 million pounds refunded to its members