Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
29-10-2010, 08:56 AM   #1

Fair to middling Friday

Morning Catsey people,
bit grey as yet but no rain.
Going to have a quick flick around with the hoover and then take Malaika to meet her friends in the park.
Have got the car back, the mechanic thinks it was only the battery, so here's hoping its alright.
Spent the evening at my cousins house, we 4 cousins get together every couple of months to catch up.
Need to try and get a pumpkin, Tesco had sold out, will have to try Booths.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
29-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #2

Re: Fair to middling Friday

Had an early (for us!) start to the day as we had Dr's appointments for 8.45 for the pneumonia vaccination. We've been warned that we could have rather sore arms not looking forward to that as I had an unexpectedly very sore arm following the 'flu shot a couple of weeks ago.

We're still waiting for the wedding photos from last weekend, the photographer is having trouble with BT not sorting out problems of their own making and they're having to manage with just mobile contact as they have no landline or broadband at the moment. I'm getting very impatient, other weddings that are on their website have excellent photos so I just hope ours are as good!

MrH has been out and about delivering his entries for the Odiham art group exhibition this weekend, we have a preview this evening along with judging, fingers crossed he gets some reward for his efforts!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #3

Afternoon Shelley and MrsH. Very grey and gloomy here but not cold. Fingers crossed that your car problem was just the battery Shelley and that MrH gets a favourable judgement for his entries, MrsH.

We had a traumatic night last night. Went to bed as usual but around 3 ish somehow Harley got in - there were cat screams and chases - OH's wrist got scratched by a cat using him as a springboard - all in the darkness. Lights on, bewildered people (me and OH, him bleeding) stupid from being woken up. Harley was chased out by me and Kizzy and Pip found, checked over and comforted. Back to bed, only to find that Kizzy (probably) in her fear had wet the bed - duvet cover, right through the duvet, sheet. So up I got again to get towels to protect the mattress as I wasn't about to strip the bed at that time and luckily it was down at the bottom of the bed. OH bled over his side of the bed. Whilst getting the towels out, I noticed the utility room floor was wet but luckily that was only the condenser from the tumble dryer leaking. I went back to bed - OH was fast asleep again. I lay awake but Kizzy, who was upset and sorry came and cuddled me and purred so I lay there until after 5.30 until I dozed off again.

Up this morning and the bedding has all been washed but the duvet will have to go to the laundry - luckily we do have another.

Cats are now fast asleep. Pip on his office chair and Kizzy in her nest. OH will doubtless soon be asleep watching the golf and I am just trying to keep my eyes open. Have to go and make the bed again in a while.

That Harley just really has to go but I have had no further call from the lady who phoned up about him. I am presuming she is still unwell.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
29-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #4

Hope your Hubby has success with his paintings, it would be lovely to see some . Hope those wedding pics are sorted soon, you must all be so excited to see them.
Angie, what an eventful night you all had, i'm sorry to say it made me giggle a bit the way you described it, it sounded like a farce
I hope your O/H scratch is ok, and Kizzy and Pip are not too traumatised.
I do hope the lady rings about Harvey soon, the naughty boy.
Had a great time at the park, there were 12 Dogs today, we took Howards brothers dog too, she's very nervous as she got attacked at 12 weeks old. She coped very well once there were fewer dogs.
Malaika just got stuck in
I was a little worried at first as there were two Bullxpitbull dogs, they both turned out to be very sociable, one of them was a pup although big and he was so gentle with Amber.
Off to try and make some Pumpkin soup now, have hung a witch in the window and got some sweets for trick or treaters.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-10-2010, 04:12 PM   #5

Hi people! Weird weather: we made 28 C yesterday, now before lunch it's only 10 C (49 F), sunny but very blustery wind making it feel even colder. Not my weather! To Whole Foods, just a lazy atfrnoon planned indoors in the warmth. Eyes back to bormal today; had the usual splitting headache trying to focus last night.

Angie, what a night!! Hope OHs scratch is better; can you slide something heavy over the flap at night so Harley can't force it open? I do wish the lady would call you... Shelley, soup sounds nice! Mrs H, hope MrH does well at the exhibit and that the wedding pics finally arrive; how frustrating for you!

Stay warm and dry, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
29-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #6

SOOOOO glad it is the weekend, and we have nothing planned!!! LOL going to cook Beef Stifado on Sunday for my meals next week as hubby is away.

Going to have a nice relaxing weekend cooking.. might even bake some muffins

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
29-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #7

Afternoon, all!
I have my house back to normal!!!
Moved everything back into the bedroom last night, cleaned up the house a bit, and did some laundry. Lovely to wake up this morning with everything in its proper place. K has promised to be lazy for awhile and no more projects..at least not on the inside of the house. I can start enjoying my home again Cats are very pleased too, they really missed their room more than I thought they would.
My appt. at womens clinic today at 4:15. Nothing else planned.
Poor Kizzy and Pip, I do hope that lady calls soon or some other home calls soon about Harley!
Pumpkin soup sounds lovely..yum.
48 degrees right now but oddly bright and sun shining in the windows. Have a good day, everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #8

I know you're glad it's over with and things can get back to normal for a while. Sounds as if K did a great job with the flooring; and new paint too! Hope the appt. goes well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
29-10-2010, 08:27 PM   #9

Oh I took some pics for you Eileen, will start a thread they're not the best but you'll get the idea

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
29-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #10

Hello all! sorry for my absence, been trying to cram a lot in the last few days. Hair appointments and Curves sessions, Ceri at the hospital. Last night we went to see the Dr Who Live show, it was a blast. Great entertainment and Tom loved it.

Tink, glad the house is back in shape, the pics of Sollywolly are delightful. Angie, hope Harvey gets a new home soon- don't worry you're doing all you can. The photo hold up is a nuisnace Mrs H, but would love to see pics asap.

Speak to you all tomorrow when I get a little more organised ,