Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #1

Monday

Afternoon folks, couldn't think of a witty title so it's just plain old Monday
Frosty this morning, took Malaika to meet her doggy friends in the park, a good romp was had by all. The dogs that is, not the people
Going to make a cheese and mushroom pannini for dinner, then must clean the bathroom.
I must say i'm enjoying Downton Abbey, anyone else like it ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #2

Re: Monday

Hi Shelley! A bright and frosty day here too. OH has gone to play golf and I am minding MIL. Bit of laundry, bit of vacuuming, bit of Kizzy and Pip cuddling .............. that's me for the day I think. Not sleeping very well so am feeling tired. Wish I could hibernate and wonder what happens if those animals that do generally hibernate just can't sleep for no reason at all ...... what do they do?

May do a bit of tidying in the office. My main customer for transcription work is on holiday in Italy for a fortnight, so I may have to fill my time with "other things"!!!

I haven't watched Downton Abbey - it's not something OH would like, but maybe I'll try watching it on iPlayer. There - that's something to do! Thanks Shelley!

Hello everyone else too - will pop back later! Enjoy your pannini Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #3

I'm thoroughly enjoying Downton Abbey Shelley, I think OH is too but wouldn't admit it

Sorry you're not sleeping well Angie hope it soon passes.

I was feeling a bit unwell yesterday but much better now. The Methotrexate that I take for my RA affects the liver so I have to be very careful with alcohol, and I was (honest!) even though Saturday was our son's wedding ok,maybe a glass or two too many of champagne if I'm forced to confess. The upshot was that my liver was a bit inflamed and sore, making me feel very nauseous but I'm back to being ultra careful again. It's soooo boring

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #4

Milder but cloudy and rain forecast this afternoon, presently 17 C (63 F). Another no-errand day, just pottering; I may make some pickled cauliflower later. Something atavistic with the cold weather coming: the urge to stock the larder ...??

Shelley. does Malaika eat that too? Angie, sorry you're not sleeping well, that does leave you feeling so tired and dragged out. MrsH, hope you're feeling better soon.

Hope it's a peaceful day for all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #5

Just have to say that I'm worried - Pip hasn't come home yet. I've been out and around the garden a couple of times calling. He is usually so good at coming if he hears me call him. It's getting dark.

Please come home soon Pip.

Sorry - I was being a worrier - he's just come in through the catflap, hotly chased by Harley. He is fine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #6

Phew, glad Pips back Angie.
I'm assuming the lady didn't ring about Harley.
Sorry you are feeling so tired angie, it's rotten if you're not sleeping well.
MrsH, hope you're feeling much better soon.
Eileen i haven't tried Malaika with pickled Cauli. When we first got her she liked raw cauli, broccoli and carrots, now she prefers them cooked.
Going to try her with pumpkin at the end of the week when i make my pumpkin lantern.
Off to repair some little vintage c.......s fairys i have bought.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
25-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #7

"Morning", all
Overcast, light showers, and some wind here but not too much.
We finished the final coat of red on the bedroom walls last night (took a lot more paint than we thought it would!). Today we will finish up the black trim and then maybe go pick up some flooring. Maybe K will stay true to his promise of done by Tuesday...
Nothing much here except housework and I am planning my budget for Christmas and bookmarking some things for family.
Finished "Raining Cats & Donkeys" reread last night, I really do love that one. Wonder when my "Cats in the Belfry" will show up..
Have listed Cooper and Pino's old cage on CL for free. Hope someone picks it up soon as I have nowhere to put it and otherwise it's just going to sit in the rain.
Thinking of cooking something yummy for dinner. This weather always inspires comfort food to me. Maybe Potatoes Romanoff and fresh bread rolls?
Have a good day, all...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-10-2010, 07:57 PM   #8

Dinner sounds good, Tink; I agree about cold rainy weather and comfort food. Have you read The Cats of Punchbowl Farm? (Monica Edwards), or Amber, A Very Personal Cat (Gladys Taber)? The latter is about an Aby.

Angie, glad Pip is safely home! I wish the woman would come get Harley!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
25-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #9

I have read Amber (and Gladys Taber's other books, they are great!) but have not read The Cats of...must look it up now, thank you!!
By the way, been wanting a book called "All my patients are under the bed" and found it for a steal on ebay for 99 cents and two dollar shipping so i bought it. it's been read once but that's no biggie, i'm not going to display it in a glass case so it doesn't have to be in perfect condition

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #10

Hi all, sorry I'm so late, it's been a bit chaotic. Lots of washing around the place, and ironing stacking up. Had to rush to the chemist because I'd forgotten our prescriptions had been done & were ready for collection. Then needed to pop out for a halogen bulb, what a fiddly thing to replace !

On top of that my next door's neighbour's cat has been PTS, due to old age (17) losing weight due to poor dentition and a lump in the jaw. It sounds awful but really Blackjack should have gone earlier but Little Scott, neighbour's son, has cerebral palsy and doted on his cat. Our neighbour took the opportunity to act today as Scott has gone to respite care. He borrowed our carrier and I could see this big tough builder was all emotional at having to carry this through. He is a rough diamond, I'm sure Jack went with grace.

Got a touch of earache, will have to watch that.

Naughty Pip, worrying his mum. I've banned Posh from outside after dark now because its firework season and I'm afraid of her running off.