Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #1

Saturday - Early bird!

Up early coz my cat alarm was right on cue and wouldn't take "No, I'm having a lie-in!" for an answer But when I did catch up with the little beggar she'd gone and curled up on the sofa again, seems her hunger was a passing fancy

Never mind, it's given me chance for a quiet cuppa and a look back over the posts I've missed for 2 days due to busy times.
Dull, grey & cold here, more rain forecast- cleaning it is then.
Catch you later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
23-10-2010, 08:22 AM   #2

Re: Saturday - Early bird!

Morning all,

Bad night's sleep so up early too. Twinkle (rabbit) is at the vets this morning as I suspect possible dental problems...

Nothing much planned other than keeping out of the wind and rain.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #3

You are both early birds odd I was awake before 7 this morning too.

Mrs H have a lovely wedding day

PP. Now go and wake up the cat alarm..... enjoy your day cleaning !!!!

Donna its always scary isn't it when they are at the vets, hope all will be good.

Well I am off to find a tumbledryer......see you all later. Am toying with the backgarden but not seriously yet waiting for the woodshed to go see what I have got. And yes the brick shed should be big enough it is solid brick and concrete floor and 6.5'x8.5' inside.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
23-10-2010, 12:14 PM   #4

Cold but lovely and sunny here today. Was up early for a midwife appt and then popped into town to do a few bits.
Done some housework and plan to spend the rest of the day bouncing up and down on my gym ball-baby is breech and needs to turn in the next 2 weeks or it'll be a c-section for me
Hope Twinkle is ok Donna, have a good day Kazz and PP.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #5

Enjoy the day MrsH!

Well the day of our entertaining this evening has come. A few last minute cleaning bits. I am not an adventurous cook (in fact a cook I ain't!). Luckily our friends are down to earth and so I hope our beef casserole and mashed pots will be good enough. I am absolutely sure it will taste delicious - aberdeen angus braising steak was on offer at Waitrose and that was a big plus! Plum tarte for pud.

Just off for a final check and finish up on the housework now.

PP - yes I'd go and give that little furry alarm clock a bit of her own medicine!!!!

Kazz - good luck with the tumble dryer hunt. Essential piece of equipment IMO.

I do hope Twinkle will be OK Donna.

Liz - I sincerely hope your bouncing works. ((((HUGS))))

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
23-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #6

Hi all - been up early too. I am so far behind with my outside tasks and as it is dry here today I have a long list of chores. Main one is to put some hardcore down around the chooks as it is very muddy with all the rain we've been having.

Angieh - hope your entertaining this evening and beef casserole and mashed pots is enjoyed by all - sound lovely so I'm sure it will be.

PP - furry alarm clocks get away with murder - don't they!!

Kazz - our tumble dryer is on daily - would hate to be without - hope you find one

Donna - hope Twinkle is ok after the vet visit.

Liz - I too hope the bouncing works - had no idea that was a possible solution to persuade a breech to move around.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #7

Hi all~! Sunny but still chilly, below normal: 11 C (51 F). but wind has died down and a warm-up forecast for the next several days, may make 22 C this afternoon. Normal high is 16.

My furry alarm likes a lie-in too so we both had one this morning .. oh the joys of an older cat who is reasonable about breakfast! No library, still on the last of the epic.

Need to do some pruning/whacking in the back garden this afternoon when it's warmer.

PP, you didn't have the heart to wake your alarm, did you? PL, never heard that about a breech baby either, hope it's successful! Angie, sure the dinner will be fine. Hope MrsH is enjoying decent weather for the big day. Fingers crossed for Twinkle. Kazz, happy dryer hunting. CM, how is the new chook doing?

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #8

Hi girls, glad you are all ok and keeping busy.

Here I've just carried on with my tidying up and sorting out, a charity bag was put through the letterbox so I'm filling it with glee, they are collecting Monday.
Angus steak sounds lush Angie, I'm starving but not eating much today because I'm off out tonight with my niece for a meal in a nice Chinese restaurant. It's my last big bang-out before Christmas. Went and joined Curves on Thursday, when they weighed me I was shocked- never in my life been that weight before and it must GO!

May have a loan of your gym ball after the baby comes Liz in the meantime fingers x'd that baby turns. Swimming is another good trick but after 36 weeks, ya stuck! (usually) they scan you before any c/s anyway, so there's hope.

Fingers x'd for Twinkle too. Have a nice rest of Saturday, I got Sky+ all tuned up to record my programmes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #9

Thanks for that reminder PP! Just made sure to record The Pillars of the Earth, otherwise we shall miss the second part tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #10

Hope you're having a great day MrsH.
I've been out with a friend to another doll fair. This is the friend who lost her Cat 2 weeks ago so the outing did her good. Not many dolls there, mostly teddies so i bought a couple of things for c.......s pressies. A lovely little knitted Meercat and a tiny felt cat wearing a dress. Bought a handmade C.......s fairy for myself. I'm going to decorate a tree just with fairies.
PL hope that baby turns, my first son was breech.
Kazz hope you have found your tumble dryer.
Angie hope you are enjoying your evening with friends.
PP hope you enjoy your Chinese.
Eileen hope you have had a productive whacking day in the garden
CM hope you have got your hardcore down
Donna hope Twinkle has got on alright at the vets.
We are planning a nice coastal walk with Malaika tomorrow.