Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #1

Friday daily

Morning all.

Bright, clear day here a littl cold but no "Jack Frost" this morning.

Making major inroads in the shed in back garden, having emulsioned the inside of the brick shed, now putting up shelving. As bit of a disaster regarding wooden one it needed to be moved so Water board could get access to manhole (due to my dabbling in building utility. Any cut a long story short few people (not me) moved it but the roof caved in well roof moved because walls moved but the floor did not. Forgot we fixed that to the concrete/slab base so base stayed put sides moved and roof just gave in now have a totaly wonky shed and roof now in residence by the side of shed,rather than on top. So reassesed the brick shed decided its big enough to get everything in so wooden shed going. quite funny really.

Everyone very apologetic but I was too busy laughing to care.

So now all systems go on brick shed, it needs a new door but getting shelving in now and then the carbits and garden care stuff including my beloved tools. And general tools like hammers/nails/screws/screw drivers etc etc etc.

So looks like the shed will not be being replaced will depend. Got to get rid of the shed first and see what I think of the space then obviously moving on round the garden, with redesign.

My mind is racing now,

Anyhow went out for a curry last night, really enjoyed it and got nothing other than pottering in shed moving stuff etc to do today.
Oh need to buy a new tumble dryer mine has pretty much given up now coming out wetter than things went in - almost.

Anyhow have a good day all. Oh last thing have decided this morning to grow my hair into bob type length.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-10-2010, 10:53 AM   #2

Re: Friday daily

Kazz - I am out of breath just reading! Shame you didn't video the shed. Hope the brick one has enough room to be really useful.

It's a nice bright day here, blue sky, sunshine. Must go and open up Harley's House to air and perhaps drape his blanket on the line. The House doesn't let water in, but it does seem to get damp. Poor boy. He still turns up fairly regularly for his food and I make sure he has plenty of biscuits in his House. Maybe he's luckier than many - he seems to be in good condition at the moment - if only he would change his ways, he could have a better (indoor) life, but I am not putting Kizzy and Pip at risk. Kizzy does not seem to be so stressed by him, but she's a girl but Pip runs a mile when he sees Harley. Kizzy was seen chasing off the other b&w cat, who presumably was also a girl.

Laundry today for me and cleaning the hallway. There is "something" under the chest in the hallway. I will be lying on my tum with the trusty loft pole to see if it's just a cat toy ....................... or not. I do hope it's not a dead thing because that chest is full of bottled fruit spirits and chutneys and relishes, so I don't want to have to move it.
I'll let you know!!!

Have a good day folks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
22-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #3

Frosty start early on this morning, now it's just dull and chilly. Son's wedding tomorrow 2.30pm, the weather forecast for tomorrow is not good we expect rain but as the whole thing, ceremony and reception, is in one location it's not too big a disaster but it would have been nice to have been able to use the lovely grounds as a backdrop. Today we're just pottering around, collecting some relatives from the station, making tea and checking details. This afternoon we're taking Morgan over to his dog minder and then this evening we're all meeting up for dinner. Really looking forward to tomorrow!

Catsey Veteran

22-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #4

I do hope all goes well for tomorrow MrsH. I will put a galleon in the sunshine metre in Merlin's memory - hope it works!

Catsey Veteran

22-10-2010, 02:14 PM   #5

Good news! It was a small rubber squeaky mouse!!! What a relief.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #6

Hi people! Very chilly this morning, only 10 C (49 F), sunny but a brisk breeze makes it feel even colder! I should have worn a heavier jacket on the way to the bank and market! Fortunately made good bus connections so didn't have to be out in the cold too long. Leia asked for the porch to be opened, got one sniff of the chilly air and headed for her thermal mat! Smart girl.

Kazz, something offbeat always seems to happen to you! Hope the brick shed will suffice. MrsH, praying for good weather for the big day tomorrow! Angie, glad it was a toy mouse, not a recently deceased one ... although they do seem to dessicate rather than smell, at least in my experience.

Have a nice day, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-10-2010, 04:18 PM   #7

Afternoon all,
Kazz it makes me tired just to read your post
Angie, glad it was only a rubber mouse
Eileen, i took my coat to work this morning for the first time, the children play out whatever the weather so i felt my fleece wasn't quite enough.
MrsH, hope your son's wedding day is wonderful.
Usual day for me, work, Dog walk, house work, although not a lot of the latter
Off work for a week now, it's half term.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #8

Evening all. Rain all day today, had snow on wednesday
Raynes first birthday today, she's a whole year now and I think she is once again displaying signs of another colourless season but will wait and see what happens this time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #9

Happy first birthday Rayne

Catsey Veteran

22-10-2010, 06:06 PM   #10

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY RAYNE!

Exciting news here - just had a phone call from a woman who has seen the ad about Harley at the horsey shop. She's just come back off holiday and thinks it's fate that she saw the notice. She sounds rather nice, if a bit posh. She has no pets at the moment but has always had cats and or dogs in the past. She says she phoned to check whether he was still here but he looks like just the fellow for her. She wants a couple of days to think about it and says she will phone again on Monday.

Harley boy - you may just have a home in time for the winter. I am so pleased for him, but am not counting his luck just yet.