Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-10-2010, 12:17 PM   #1

wish it was warmer Wednesday

Frosty here first thing this morning.
I took Malaika to meet her friends in the park, no one was there at first and we were disapointed. However eventualy there were 5 other Dogs and their owners so she had a good romp. Must get some thermal socks though, my feet were freezing .
Have to do some ironing now and then my youngest son's friends are coming for tea.
Hope to be at the quiz around 8.15 after yoga.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
20-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #2

Re: wish it was warmer Wednesday

Oooh yes! very chilly morning early on but it's bright and sunny here now so I hope it'll get a bit warmer this afternoon. OH has just been for a haircut so he might be feeling the cold now

I'm window cleaning today, trying to get rid of the dog art, it looks sooo bad when the sun shines through

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #3

Chilly boom-boom here today too - ice on the cars this morning but bright and sunny today, nice in the sun but parky in the shade. I have opened the greenhouse door just a bit to let Harley into the warm if he wants. He slept in the propagator on top of the garden fleece yesterday afternoon - it was lovely and snuggly there. He seemed OK when he came for his breakfast this morning. I have ordered some pet blankets from eBay to give him a bit more warmth.

Pip has lost yet another collar! I am sure that makes 6 since he's been allowed outside. Kizzy has only ever had 2 - so Pip is now wearing Kizzy's old cast-off. It's very nice and suits him, even if it's a bit worn!

Hope you get your thermal socks soon Shelley. I am a great believer in warm socks!

Bet your windows are beautifully sparkly now MrsH! I did love your description "dog art" - very apt.

See folks at the QUIZ this evening.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
20-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #4

Gorgeous day here if coldish but in the sun it's glorious
This weather I can live with, even got me up at 7am and I buzzed about got the shopping done , bought baby violas for the troughs to go over autumn/winter and planted them out! Brushed up the leaves with my trusty besom broom and now off to celebrate my niece's 22nd birthday with her at her house. First have to pick up Tom from school, he's got basketball practice.

Windows show up your sins in the sun, Mrs H, but love the dog art you describe Shelley, guess you were up too early for all Maliaka's pals to be there. Doesn't look like I'll be quizzing tonight sorry Angie, too much going on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #5

Chilly here too! Grey, damp, overcast, only 14 C (57 F), no frost yet, though, Rain missed the City; sun supposed to appear this afternoon ... hope so. Up to the Giant for Leia's chicken ... and my mousse cake, that is sooo addictive! QUIZ at 8:15 tonight, come one come all!

One thing about a cloudy day is that it's less noticeable that the windows could stand a washing! Enjoy the birthday, PP. WHAT does Pip do with his collars??? I'm a great believer in thermal socks, Shelley .... and underwear too!

Have a good day ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
20-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #6

Morning, all.
Was woken by Solomon repeatedly pawing at my mouth so I wouldn't fall back asleep..lol.
Got a weather alert this morning; apparently dry conditions will end as of tomorrow and then this weekend a rain and wind storm will be hitting our area and expected wintry conditions and first snow at higher elevations.
Got another Tovey book yesterday, "Raining Cats and Donkeys"..dove into it with some giggles as I'd forgotten some things since I read it last
Thank goodness K put the fireplace on sometime in the night while I was sleeping. Found Hestia curled underneath it, smart girl. Heavy sweatshirt and socks for me. Nearly 10am and it is 46 degrees.
Have a good day, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #7

I am amazed at how good my two are. They have never purposefully tried to wake me or OH, although they sometimes do just by being in the way of trying to get comfy! They have never meowed in our ears or pawed at our faces.

Hope your weather isn't too severe Tink. Keep warm and dry. As I said earlier today, I am a great believer in warm socks! Warm feet, warm body - at least that works for me!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-10-2010, 10:15 PM   #8

The only poker I had was Dandy ... and he would not give up! Used to bounce on me and poke me with his paw, I'd push him off the bed and cover my head with the sheets, but he kept it up till I got up...... how I miss that boy

Leia is such a good, laid back patient girl ......