Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #1

Marvellous Monday

Morning all.

Just getting into gear, drinking a glass of apple juice then moving ....well said that to myself an hour or so ago and still sitting here no motivation

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #2

Re: Marvellous Monday

Morning Kazz!

Done a couple of washloads, I'm off for a manicure at noon then I'll be tackling some of the ironing this afternoon.

It's a nice calm day here so far, thin high cloud, a good bright morning with only a very slight breeze and the back garden is full of blue-tits

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
18-10-2010, 11:15 AM   #3

Calm but cloudy here today, but it's dry that's the main thing.
Like you, Mrs H I got ironing to crack on with, so will watch taped telly progs whilst doing it.

Kazz, glad you get that 'spirit is willing...' feeling too. I always say that the next time I get an early start I'll plough on but, hey, I'm so feeble

No birds around today, yesterday was magpie crazy, darting on and off the roof picking at the moss. Going to make another go at deadheading the geraniums and weeding later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-10-2010, 12:02 PM   #4

Feeling quite sick and drained today. No idea why, i woke in the middle of the night feeling sick with heartburn.
Didn't feel able to go to work today which is annoying as i've not had a sick day for years.
Had to ring the nursery, ring the office, then i could be ill
Now i have to fill in a form to say i've been off sick, they used to ask you were you likely to be ill again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-10-2010, 12:49 PM   #5

Afternoon everyone. So sorry to hear you feel poorly Shelley - what did you eat yesterday? Could that be the reason for your heartburn? Course, could be a "bug".

We have a couple of friends coming for supper NEXT SATURDAY - but anything like that is a major production for us. Probably because I am a bad housewife and apart from vacuuming and the odd damp dusting, don't do "big cleaning" on a regular basis. So, we have a plan of campaign drawn up! OH also has to get a new tyre as the wall of one has a nasty gash; he and his mum have had the call this morning from the surgery for their flu jabs - tomorrow morning (may my bad thoughts and words be wiped from existence!); we have to fit in shopping; OH has golf and a golf lesson (he also has a poorly hip) and I have transcription with more to come from a client who is off on her hols next Saturday - so everything is urgent!

Still, it will be worth it - nice friends both of whom have had their 50th birthdays this year. We were unable to go to their party as we couldn't get a sitter for MIL.

I said to my client on the phone this morning - it will be dark when they arrive and I'll just polish Kizzy and Pip to take their eyes away from any lurking dusty surfaces!!!

Ironing???? Now, you see - never have any trouble with that as I don't do it! EEEEEEk, just thought, the table cloth will need ironing ............................... oh b****r

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #6

Hi all. Sun coming in and out - - out now - - still cool at 17 C (62 F). No errand day so a lie-in, not feeling ambitious so will probably be a lazy day.

Shelley, sorry you're not feeling well. Angie, love your description of housework, mine's very similar to yours Hope OHs hip improves. PP, MrsH, enjoy the ironing ... I don't do it, if it needs ironing. I don't buy it. If you hang the tablecloth just right on the line you can get by without ironing it, especially if you're having a candle-lit dinner! (Talk about lazy!!) Only birds around at the moment are the sparrows and one mourning dove.

Enjoy the day.