Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-10-2010, 05:21 PM   #11

Re: Sunday Shivers Brrrrr!

Afternoon all.

Fresh day here at the start but warmed up in the sun (hence the pics of the dog) anyhow been out for walk and then in the garden general tidy up and compost been added to pots, and planted bulbs for the spring; just need some winter colour to brig them to life for Winter now....pansies I think and heathers. but could change my mind, washed and dried (on the line) my dog walking jacket it says dry clean only but thought "to hell with it" its about 10 years old and its come up like new well impressed.
Anyhow just took the duck legs out of the oven smell lovely combined with the warmth of the oven nice to come into after our walk. They took 90 minutes we were out about hour & 20 minutes (see my walking getting better now)

Having creamy mash, duck legs ......accompanied by cranberry sauce. Off to mash the spuds now. Speak later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #12

A quick hello, it's been a hellish few weeks, will update once things have fully calmed down, but today was the first day of being able to breathe without panic welling up.

Allotment day for all of us; harvested chard, red peppers, aubergines, a couple of massive beetroot, the remainder of my toms (green and red), the last of the courgettes and a few early brussel sprouts

Arrived back home to my dear neighbour in tears and her family over; her husband of 40 years who had been suffering with oesophagal cancer had passed away sooner than expected. Kind of puts everything into perspective

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #13

Oh how terrible for your neighbour.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
17-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
No - easy peesy! Shall I post in recipes? It's a bit early to say whether or not it tastes good however - needs to be kept 2 or 3 months first!
I'd love your recipe as ive loads of apples this year (two trees) nephew picked them for me last week. Any apple recipes welcome!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
17-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #15

Morning, all.
We had our first frost last night, it got into the 30s and my car had a thin sheet of ice!
It's almost 11:30 am now and it is only 49 degrees, fall sure has a way of deciding it's here!
I've caught up on some sleep. K came home from his trip around midnight and I was going to watch a movie with him but fell asleep in the ferret room instead! I even left the light on.
Woke up several times throughout the night shivering, time to put extra blankets out.
Have a good one, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
17-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
No - easy peesy! Shall I post in recipes? It's a bit early to say whether or not it tastes good however - needs to be kept 2 or 3 months first!
Yes please - that would be good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
17-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #17

So sad about your neighbour Yola.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-10-2010, 02:01 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
I'd love your recipe as ive loads of apples this year (two trees) nephew picked them for me last week. Any apple recipes welcome!!
Posted a Fried Apple recipe in the Sticky. This is a southern American dish, nice as a side with roast pork.