Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
17-10-2010, 07:35 AM   #1

Sunday Shivers Brrrrr!

Morning all! First frost of the Autumn here this morning, just a light one but it'll certainly speed up the leaf drop now.

Had a suspicious email this morning from Adobe (perhaps ) telling me to click to upgrade. Maybe it's genuine but when I looked carefully at the address on it I became wary as they are based in Seatle, shouldn't that be Seattle? so I deleted it. Can't be too careful, since my niece's address book got hacked recently we've had some very odd emails indeed purporting to be from her, it's made us ultra-careful!

Slept quite well last night thankfully, think I'll take some more painkillers today. I try to err on the side of caution so I'll only have some this morning then again before bed, don't want to take them every 4 hours though that's what it says on the packet.
Enjoy your Sunday!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
17-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #2

Re: Sunday Shivers Brrrrr!

Nippy here too but at the sea unless its really bitter we thankfully dont get frost! Hate the slippy stuff.......

I keep getting emails from HSBC telling me to log in as someones been trying to hack into my account! At first i kept replying telling them i didnt have an account until i realised it was a scam! Theyre relentless, no matter how many addresses you block they send out from another - grr......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
17-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #3

Morning all.. housework for me this morning and then I am going to spend the afternoon pampering myself....have a good one!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
17-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #4

First frost of the Autumn here too, so had to scrape the car!! Lovely and bright and sunny though. A fairly quiet day for us, out to dinner this eveining and off to Norfolk on holiday tomorrow until Friday! Yipee!!

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #5

Afternoon all. Not a frost here last night, although it must have got quite cold as we had both cats on our bed and the windows were a bit steamy this morning! Lovely bright day here ............................ we are just about to put some sloes in vodka, so I'll be back later.

Sorry, got called away there. We have made spiced onion and apple chutney this morning and put some sloes in vodka this afternoon. Sloes seem rather small this year but hope they will be OK after having had a couple of days in the freezer. Had to pick them when we saw them instead of waiting for the frost. I am considering planting some blackthorn in the garden - captive sloes and of course a wonderful source of nectar for the bees.

OH was watching Jamie Oliver's meals in 30 minutes programme a couple of days ago and was very taken by his individual frangipan tartlets. He said that the deep shortcrust pastry cases are widely available, but I would beg to differ. OH has trawled the Net this afternoon and it seems that they are discontinued! Nice one Jamie. If anyone knows differently, please let me know!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
17-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #6

Hi all. Drizzle here today - poor chooks are all in the run and scold me when I am near them 'turn off that rain now'.

The hen we found is still with us. Noone has claimed ownership - where she has arrived from is a real mystery. I'll keep her in sight of the others for a day or so and then see how well she is to meet the others.

Beef Olives in oven for tonights meal.

Email scams are so annoying and so common nowadays - be alert Mrs H and Velvet. Sunday pampering EmmaG - lovely.

Hope you have a great break Kim.

Angieh - your chutney sounds lovely - hard to make? Never tried it.

Have a great day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-10-2010, 04:04 PM   #7

Hi peeps! No frost here yet, but still a bit nippy in the morning. now 16 C (61 F) at almost 11 am. Supposed to make 21 C by afternoon. The usual market run to Whole Foods, just a quiet afternoon with papers, crossword and forums.

MrsH, that "Seatle" is a dead giveaway it's spam; I've noticed so many of them have mis-spellings and poor grammar. Velvet, I agree what a nuisance it is when you keep blocking the address and they promptly switch to new ones!! Maddening! Kim, hope you have a great holiday! Angie, love the idea of "captive sloes"!! CM, hope the little chook does well and can join the flock ... any name ideas?

Have a great day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
17-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Hi peeps! No frost here yet, but still a bit nippy in the morning. now 16 C (61 F) at almost 11 am. Supposed to make 21 C by afternoon. The usual market run to Whole Foods, just a quiet afternoon with papers, crossword and forums.

MrsH, that "Seatle" is a dead giveaway it's spam; I've noticed so many of them have mis-spellings and poor grammar. Velvet, I agree what a nuisance it is when you keep blocking the address and they promptly switch to new ones!! Maddening! Kim, hope you have a great holiday! Angie, love the idea of "captive sloes"!! CM, hope the little chook does well and can join the flock ... any name ideas?

Have a great day!
My nieces were here the last couple of days and after great deliberation she has been named Rosie Rita - seems to suit her. She is very pretty red with a little black on her neck and tail.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
17-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #9

Hmmmm beef stifado smells divine, it if taste half as good as it smells I will be one happy person!! Going to have mine with garlic sweet potato mash....yumm!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Angieh - your chutney sounds lovely - hard to make? Never tried it.
No - easy peesy! Shall I post in recipes? It's a bit early to say whether or not it tastes good however - needs to be kept 2 or 3 months first!