Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #1

So Its Saturday

Well afternoon all.

Not done a lot today, had one chap round to measure up etc for the utilty and downstairs Loo. He will write it all out and send it back to me with an estimate.

He was polite about my chalk drawing on the floor (layout) well he did not laugh.

Had a small binfire in a metal bucket to destroy old bank statements etc.
Anyhow thats my day done got there machines of washing on the line (excellent drying day) although it did not look it this morning first thing.

So sitting here on the laptop listening to the radio. Sal asleep on her newly washed bed. so what are you all up to then?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-10-2010, 01:34 PM   #2

Re: So Its Saturday

Hi Kazz, Sounds as if you have been busy this morning!

Hello everybody else, went shopping today at Sainsburys and stocked up on supplies. Very busy in there but glad I went when I did as when I left people were queing to get into the car park.

Going to bake some cupcakes today, thinking of doing mini fudge ones, cherry and if I can find any blueberries in my fridge I am going to make blueberry swirl. Actually I think I have got some blackberries so I might use those instead. I love baking/cook whilst listening to an audiobook on my ipod!!

Pork loins are in the slow cooker and I am hoping they will be nice as hubby isn't very keen on pork as he says it is always dry. Going to cook Beef Stifado tomorrow so I will marinate the beef overnight.

Have a good day everybody

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #3

Hi Kazz and everybody

It's a gorgeous day here today, sunny and although cold it's crisp and dry,the leaves are brown and rustley, simply Awesome Autumn!

Tom the grandson is staying with us for the weekend so we have stocked up in pizza and diet coke now he's planning our telly for the night, Strictly for me and then Xfactor, tape Merlin and Comedy Roadshow. There's a new mini series on Channel 4, Pillars of the Earth, which I'm also taping for watching on a raining day

Went shopping this morning in Brecon and visited the craft fair; got lovely cards and 3 coasters with cats on. Also some jasmine and patchouli aromatherapy oil- gorgeous.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #4

Hi Kazz - just having lunch - pastrami rolls with green salad and homemade chilli and pepper relish and an apple.

Had my flu jab this morning. Surgery running a different system this year - walk in clinic running from 8.30 to 11.30 and for 3 Saturdays, depending on surname alphabetically. You can't make an appointment if you are not ambulant until the beginning of November. If I were of a cynical mind, I would think that they have received a directive about this - the most vulnerable people (like MIL) will have to wait and hence run more of a risk of getting the flu. That would solve loads of financial problems for the government, wouldn't it????

It is lovely and sunny here and blowy - as you say, a great day for washing. I may go and plant garlic this afternoon if the sun stays out because it's rather chilly otherwise!

Have a good day everyone!

Hi Emma and PP - sorry, didn't see you there!

Edited to say: what's beef Stifado, Emma? I haven't heard of that dish before.

Jasmine and patchouli sounds lovely PP - wish we had smellavision! Thanks for reminding me about The Pillars of the Earth - I must record that. Wonder if it will be any good? I've read the book - well, nearly!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-10-2010, 01:56 PM   #5

Afternoon all,
Emma, Beef Stifado reminds me of our hols in Kefalonia, My O/H had this quite a lot.
Kazz sounds like you have been very busy.
Angie i agree it seems a silly idea to make people who are not ambulant wait as they are possibly the more vunerable people?
PP the craft fair sounds nice, have fun with your grandson.
Been out with Malaika this morning, driving back i saw a chocolate lab wandering on the pavement so i drove around the block, parked up and checked his tag. He belongs to our neighbour and had escaped from the garden. I keep a spare dog lead in the car so it realy came in handy today.
As i type i have a Cat on either side of me supervising

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #6

Hello Again all

May have hit a problem with the "utility" as have a sewer in back garden (manhole covering it) but you need to have planing consent and water board involvement if building within 3 metre which this will be.Or if it is a main sewer (which I think it is) you cannot build within 5 meters without strengthening the sewer (small fortune)
Need to phone water board on Monday and check what type it is but looks like that may well scupper my plans I forgot all about that till my neghbour reminded me about it - Darn and blast. Hence I have been reading up on the web and got above info on distances etc. NO point fussing will wait till Monday and speak to Severn Trent, ho hum.

Another load of washing just finishing now. Still a good drying day.

Emma you are becoming cupcake queen (there is a shop/bakery) I believe in New York that sells just cupcakes saw it in Sex In The Ciy once. I love pork, if hubby does not want it send it to me. I have got duck leg for tomorrows dinner and maybe gammon and chips tonight or homemade curry not sure yet. choices choices.......

Angie sounds like a busy morning, lunch sounds good not had any myself yet considering a ommelete; seems wierd about not getting vunerable people done but mayeb they think of they cannot get out they won't catch the flu.

Shelley ....SNAP....I keep a spare dog lead in the car including a slip lead. Used them both on many occasions. Cat supervision is often required on a Saturday.

PP.Sounds like a good TV planner in the making there we used to plan Christmas Tv out in Radio and TV times when we were kids. Mind you just 2 or maybe 3 channels then (rarely watched BBC2)
I was just reading about Pillars of the Earth I am going to SKY+ it I think. Glad you reminded me about Merlin too have missed this series so far....Thanks.

Off to hang out the last lot of washing back soon.

Catsey Veteran

16-10-2010, 03:28 PM   #7

Angie - Beef Stifado is a greek dish, meat marinated in red wine and spices and then cooked very slowly with black olives. Great served with horseradish or garlic mash.....yum!!

Catsey Veteran

16-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #8

hmmm cupcakes....mini fudge, blackberry and white chocolate, and cherry.

Kazz I love cooking cupcakes, loads of different flavours to try and they are so small I don't feel too guilty have one a day!!! LOL

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
16-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #9

Kazz I hope you manage to sort the manhole problem, what a pain!

Angie, snap! we did flu jabs this morning too, I'm not sure what system our surgery is running, I just asked about the shots and booked us in last time I collected my prescription.

Still terrible problems with my back, I don't know what I've done. It's ok during the day but I simply can't lie down, the pain is dreadful so I spent last night sitting/sleeping on the sofa so as not to disturb OH too much, but kept having the dog and cats on my lap for company! Spoke to the pharmacist today about what sort of painkiller I can take that won't interfere with other meds.

I'm starting to feel sick with worry, I've got so much to do this coming week before son's wedding next Saturday, masses of ironing that still hasn't been done, loads more laundry that needs doing too. We'll have lots of family eating here the night before the wedding, son's coming home on Thursday and his "men" will be here on Thursday (or is it Friday?) trying on their hired outfits to check they all fit, housework, window cleaning, just feel that we and the house need to look our best I'm terrified of overdoing it and then not being able to go to my own son's wedding

Sorry about all the above! I'm so tired I'm not thinking straight. OH is very good and doing his best to help but then says things like "nobody will notice the dust" which I don't actually find very comforting!

eta - Brilliant cupcakes Emma! Yum, yum! ( it took me so long to type my woes that you'd posted the picture between me starting and finishing!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #10

MrsH - you must do something about your back ..... see an osteopath or a chiropractor ....... something to get you relief for your very busy time. Otherwise worrying about it will tense you up and make it worse. Sorry, don't mean to be a bossy-boots!