Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #1

Thursday daily

Morning all.

Off now till next Tuesday night.

Hope you are all good and Alex your head is settling following your news.

Not doing to much today, got to take Sal back to the vets follow up to the visit last Friday about her ears and a marked improvement.

Dullish day here today too and having a restful day doing nothing. Making a homemade curry for dinner.

See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
14-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #2

Re: Thursday daily

Hi All

Bright dry day here.

Glad Sal's ears are better Kazz.

Got a little surprise this morning, we have a new hen! Will need to ask round local area to see if anyone has one missing. She was hanging around the field this morning in the middle of nowhere - OH found her when he was up checking ewes. To far away to be dumped. She is young, not laying yet by the look of her comb. Has a gap in her tail feathers so we wondered if she's been chased by fox and escaped somehow. She is very stressed so I've put her in the rabbit hutch with some food and water. Hope she survives as chooks don't do stress very well.

No plans for today, car is in garage, nieces coming tonight until Saturday so that will keep me out of mischief!

At last beginning to feel better (hurray)

Enjoy your day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
14-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #3

Nothing much happening here, cool day, blood test at hospital (getting a bit fed up having to do this every 2 weeks, think I'll ask if I can do them less often)

I've not mentioned it before but I pulled a muscle in my upper back over a week ago, it doesn't bother me much during the day but I just can't get comfortable at night unless I have so many pillows that I'm virtually sitting up! I finally had a decent sleep last night, fingers crossed that the problem will soon be over, I've got masses of ironing to do!

Catsey Veteran

14-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #4

Mrs H I do not envy you the ironing...."shudder"

Calismum....sure she is not an escapee? remember that animated film about Chickens??? "Chicken run" ..........maybe a break out? .

Back from the vets Sal has to have surgery she has a "Fibromatous Epulis" try saying that!!! it means a small in her case oral tumor. She is going to be booked in to get it removed before it gets out of hand.
Here is a link. http://www.bobmckee.com/Client%20Inf...%20Epulis.html

Get her ears cleaned out at the same time. Two birds one Op.

I am sure Moli's Moli had an Op for soemthing similar to this a few years ago??? Pat am I right?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #5

Hello peeps,
Kaz, sorry to hear Sal has to have an op, poor girl.
MrsH sorry to hear you have a bad back and hope it improves soon.
CM glad to hear you're feeling better and hope the new Hen has settled in, clever Hen finding her way to you.
Work for me this morning, quite enjoyable, then a country lane dog walk.
Did a little training session with Malaika, she's so bright it's unreal.
Jerry is sat beside me supervising and Tom is out roaming.

Catsey Veteran

14-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Hello peeps,
Kaz, sorry to hear Sal has to have an op, poor girl.
MrsH sorry to hear you have a bad back and hope it improves soon.
CM glad to hear you're feeling better and hope the new Hen has settled in, clever Hen finding her way to you.
Work for me this morning, quite enjoyable, then a country lane dog walk.
Did a little training session with Malaika, she's so bright it's unreal.
Jerry is sat beside me supervising and Tom is out roaming.
Ah she will be fine, I have heard Basenji's are bright sounds like you have Queen Bee there

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-10-2010, 04:12 PM   #7

Hi all! Dismal weather: 14 C (56 F), cold all day rain with a raw East wind. A day to stay inside and be lazy!

Kazz, sorry Sal needs the op, sure she;ll be fine. CM, great news that you're feeling better finally, and do let us know how the little chook is doing, poor thing. MrsH, a shame your back is acting up, hope it improves soon ,,, and don't envy you all that horrid ironing! Shelley, do they have IQ tests for dogs, your girl sounds as if she has a high one!~

Enjoy the day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-10-2010, 04:13 PM   #8

Hi all! Good luck for Sal's op - sure all will go fine. Enjoy your curry tonight and your break from work Kazz.

Hope little escapee chook is OK. That made me grin, thinking about Chicken Run - I did like that film! So glad to hear that you are beginning to feel better.

Sorry about your back MrsH - don't do too much ironing, I'm sure that won't do your back much good.

My back is now normal again. It has been a glorious day here and OH and I went on a walk, which turned out to be a bit longer than usual. I expect to be a bit stiff tomorrow - lower back and hips are complaining a bit. We went up to Kingley Vale (again) but by yet another route, that makes four different routes so far. The woods are lovely, the sun was shining, the wind was in the north and light. The views from the little bench where we sat for our sandwiches were just stunning - out over the Channel, the sea a silvery blue and twinkly. Picked some sloes on the way back. Most of the lower ones have already been stripped, whether by people or deer I don't know. We've put them straight in the freezer to mimic a frost.

Baked potatoes in their jackets and sweet corn for supper here.

I wish everyone has had as nice a time as I have today.

Edited to say: Hi Eileen! Posted about the same time as I did. Sorry your weather hasn't been as nice.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #9

Hi, Angie! I enjoy hearing about your walks on R & R day, sound so scenic and tranquil, and an al fresco lunch is always fun. What do you do with the sloes? Make sloe gin? I've heard of that but never tried it .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #10

Sloe vodka Eileen. We were introduced to it by the chap whose firm did our building works a few years back. He made three different sorts (varying quantities of sloe/sugar to vodka) and brought them around for us to taste one very very cold day. We weren't cold for long!

Nicer than sloe gin IMO!