Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
05-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #81

Re: Starting to fret now, Bella's gone walkabouts.

The "kittens" (though they are far from this now) are two in about ten days, so i started browing through the photos and videos from when they were born and were growing up, seeing dear "hellsbells" being so attentive to them all really really brought a massive lump to my throat. It's 18 months since the morning Bella strolled out the back door, I still keep in my head one day she may come home but i sincerely doubt it. You never forget these cats who vanish to the great wonder, but you do move forward. I still miss the long awaited quaint litter ginger n white cat who I waited many years to have since my last ginge, then watched along with you all, her grow from birth to coming home, to having her own children, and to what an..interesting little noisey cat she was I still sometimes think i hear her chirrup, especially at "bedtime" but I know its some distance area of my memory getting slightly doting. Maxwell's more like her than William, right down to his funny little voice..it's fairly sweet.
We give these cats our hearts, and they break them with their independence. Yet it's their sheer independence which is what wins them a place so deep in our hearts, funny isn't it?
So I guess this is just to close the story, she was born..she came..she lived, and oh how she DID live too; with many an antic which catsey has stored upon it, questionably -in many eyes- she gave way to more life, she lived some more, she went and then.....we'll never really know what happened, but maybe that's for the best really?
Thankyou for you're ongoing support catsey folk, but I think i'm quite comfortable with the fact now that she's in a better place than this, kismet struck again I guess.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #82

Tears in my eyes here Luke. I wasn't around during Bella's time with you, but have since loved seeing your beautiful photos of her children.

You may have seen the history of my little cat Kizzy who came to me through the good services of Cats Protection here on Catsey. Her history I'll never know and am always aware that out there somewhere there may be a family who are still trying to come to terms with losing their lovely friend.

I am glad that you are now feeling "comfortable". Please don't stop posting photos of William and Maxwell and Clementine too as we all love to see them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #83

Yes Luke - I think I know what you mean and how you feel. Maybe, just maybe, she is fine and living as "Sophie" or "Mittens" or "Jaffa" somewhere - or maybe she is not. She has left a rather lovely living legacy in her kits and fond memories in your heart.

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
05-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #84

Thankyou Angie, I feel though..realistically she is no longer with us. She was microchipped and every rescue centre and vets in the district had been notified, and the council "clean up" squad. She was a roamer yes, but the kittens were still very young at the time..around four months old, n she never went out for long..always came back to check, and had a very set time routine anyway as she liked coming on the dog walks with us. And with a combination of it being new years eve too, well..it's not nice, but I hope whatever happened it was quick and she didn't feel anything.
I'll never forget her really, as she was such a charming wee lass. It's just sad that she was so eagerly anticipated by me from the minute she was born, yet I had her in my life for such a short amount of time. But as I said, cats will be cats.

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
05-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #85

Aye Dm, the not knowing is the bit..but as I said, maybe that's for the best.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #86

A beautiful tribute to Bella. She won't be forgotten on Catsey, Luke.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #87

Lovely memories of Bella and her babes, Luke...