Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-10-2005, 11:34 AM   #41

Re: My Drawings of Cats

Thanks Mags, I saw this way of drawing on another forum and thought I would try this way too. I learn so much with each drawing I do, and I would recommend anybody who wants to take up drawing to just have a go, you never know how good you are until you give it a go.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-10-2005, 11:37 AM   #42

It's the eyes I would get stuck on Emma......how on earth do you get them looking so life like???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
16-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #43

they are lovely drawings what a talent u have,ive just taken a photo of my 3 all together,when i get it devoled ill scan it and send it on to u.first time i managed to get all 3 of mine together LOL they where waiting for thier dinner

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
16-10-2005, 11:55 AM   #44

oh excellent your work is alot like Lesley Anne Ivory, very good, oh and i'll be PM'ing you in due course and i too will send some money to post me the original

Catsey Veteran

16-10-2005, 11:58 AM   #45

Mags,

Firstly you have to make sure you get any highlights of the eyes in the correct place there is usually one main highlight where the light enters the eye and their will be a corresponding highlight (although normally very subtle)

With the iris you just need to layer the colours until you get a more or less exact match to the colour of the cat you are drawing, I also check very carefully the size and location of the cats eyes, I will measure this countless times to make sure they are all in proportion. With the nose it is always the same angle as the cats eyes, therefore if the cats eyes are at an angle the nose will be as well.

Also shading is very important in getting the cats eyes to look correct.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-10-2005, 01:17 PM   #46

Emma I had a go at copying your eyes and nose sketch and I can honestly say that is the first time I have ever done anything that resembles a cat!!! It's not a patch on yours mind, but even my hubby could tell what it was
Did you go to Art College?

Catsey Veteran

16-10-2005, 01:32 PM   #47

Thats excellent!!! hey practice makes perfect

No I didn't go to Art College or any art classes, the only art I did was at school, which was 16 years ago. I start drawing again in August of this year

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
16-10-2005, 02:01 PM   #48

The last pic you posted is brill Emma and would look fantastic as an art piece on a wall in a contemporay styled building. If it was on a white canvas and they eyes were the same colour as the wall it would look very striking!

You are very talented Emma I rekon you will be famous one day

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-10-2005, 02:37 PM   #49

Brilliant!!!
You will be our claim to fame in the future I am sure!!

16-10-2005, 05:06 PM   #50

Hello Emma,
Yours drawings are very good. I have Persian cats, had kittens not that long ago and plenty of pictures of them. Have a look at mine threads. I could even post you original of any of those pictures or take some more pictures. I’ve noticed in your drawing, there no Persian cats yet . I would be over the moon if you decide to draw one but only if one of them will inspire you . Thank you for sharing with us