Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
16-05-2007, 10:04 PM   #11

Re: Hospital Tomorrow

good luck with the hospital.

Physio ...My daughter had a spiral fracture to her leg a couple of years ago. I was so angry about the physio, she was in a bad way when she came out of plaster & I had to keep phoning & begging for an appointment, they told me they haev an urgent & a non urgent list... we were on the urgent list so god knows how long we'd have been waiting if we'd been non urgent! I was really concerned & needed advise.... Eventually we got to be seen & eventually, her leg healed completely! She started swimming lessons whilst we were waiting.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-05-2007, 08:01 AM   #12

Good luck with the hospital and future treatment.
Private physio? Well - if you need it (you do) and you can't get it any other way, just go for it. Think about the cost some other time. A good sports physio is a good bet - used to getting younger people fit and well again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-05-2007, 08:14 AM   #13

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this Amber. I do hope all goes well today at the hospital today x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
17-05-2007, 12:42 PM   #14

Hi guys well I have been to the hospital and feel much better for my rant

I was so annoyed when I got there though, normally takes me 20 - 25 minutes in the car so I left an hour so I was there early. Took me an hour and 15 minutes to get there so I was 10 minutes late for my appointment! The one day the hospital are running on time aswell

Well I have to say the doctor I saw today was a lot better than the last 2. He actually took the time to at least have a look at it! Said he would chase the physio for me, and I had a message on my answer phone when I got in to phone the physio department, now have an appointment with them for 4th June. I think I will continue with the private aswell though if I can get back to work. When I am working I will be able to afford it, but at the moment I am on statutory sick pay which isn't really worth mentioning.

I mentioned the removal of the wires and he said unless they really cause me problems they will leave them because it is not as straightforward as it sounds, and in the worst case scenario the removal may break the bone again so it would be back to square one but he said I will have to wait at least another 6 months before we even consider it as it is too early at the moment.

I am off to hydrotherapy tonight and then physio tomorrow so it's all go go go

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-05-2007, 01:05 PM   #15

So pleased you got the physio sorted at last! Hope you start to improve quickly x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
17-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #16

Glad you got it sorted Amber

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-05-2007, 01:48 PM   #17

Glad the hospital visit went well Amber.....and pleased you have the physio sorted..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
17-05-2007, 06:52 PM   #18

....only just catching this thread....

Glad the appointment went well today x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
17-05-2007, 07:10 PM   #19

Amber so glad you finally got an appointment for the physio and that the Doc actually looked at you.
It's a shame that we have to loose the place with Doc's ect and rant before we actually get anywhere.
I was told a few months ago my Doc wants another MRI scann of my back. I'm on the emergancy list, which is over 6 months long and my pain clinic urgent appointment is well still in the post.

Its good you have managed to go private but a shame too.