Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
02-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #51

Re: two birds with one stone (not my cat)

Cj, you need to go with your gut instinct but Kazz's question is thought provoking. I always think that if you are not sure then it probably isn't right. She certainly doesn't look like a ragdoll to me and her blue eyes will probably change colour! It sounds to me as though the owners are breeding moggies and charging a fortune for them - sadly, if you pay what they are asking you are just encouraging them to do it all over again! I am not saying she is not worth £150 as others have said all our cats are priceless to us, but I certainly wouldn't pay that. If you really want another cat why not go to a 'proper' breeder or RSPCA, CP, etc.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
02-06-2006, 07:27 PM   #52

I wouldnt pay £150 for a cat as I dont have the money!

But as much as I would love a British Shorthair (cream) (boy) (er... Wiggy) I cannot justify the money when I am bringing up the children and have other important costs to consider.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
02-06-2006, 07:48 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
I wouldnt pay £150 for a cat as I dont have the money!

But as much as I would love a British Shorthair (cream) (boy) (er... Wiggy) I cannot justify the money when I am bringing up the children and have other important costs to consider.
Well you also have to consider that the kitten would need to be wormed, spayed/neutered, flea treatment, vaccinations, microchipped (optional I suppose) and then you would be talking well over £250 possibly £300 which is a lot of money when you are getting lied to in the first place

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
02-06-2006, 07:48 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
But as much as I would love a British Shorthair (cream) (boy) (er... Wiggy)

Don't give the game away, now Dawn'll know we're planning a coup!

Catsey Veteran

02-06-2006, 07:51 PM   #55

I have to admit that I am also unwilling to buy anything from people who aren't being honest with me. It's always hard not to buy a kitten, or even a cat. Most cats I see, I want to scoop up, take home and keep forever and ever and ever

But that's not realistic, and behaviour like lying about the living being you're trying to sell in order to get more money should never be rewarded unless it absolutely can't be avoided. And when you find a kitten that's right for you and that comes from an honest place (be it a breeder, a rescue, or whatever) I guarantee you'll feel much better about getting him or her

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
02-06-2006, 08:04 PM   #56

HEY! Wiggy is MINE, all MINE!!! I love him dearly, he is a sod, a pest, beats my dogs up, but I love him!
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-06-2006, 11:40 PM   #57

I have asked this question ......Why do you want another cat......the answer to this question may be the key to what you do.

But no answer appears to be forthcoming, although it is a straighforward question. But to me these are the 3 possible reasons for getting a cat, apart from the obvious answers that you want one and love them.

If you want a cat to breed then find a reputable breeder you TRUST and buy one.
If you want a certain type of pedigree cat then find a reputable breeder that you TRUST and buy one.
If you want a moggy then go the CPL/rescue

But if you have to ask questions on an internet site (ie here) and have a gut feeling that the person selling the cat is not telling the truth then go no further walk away.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-06-2006, 04:59 AM   #58

when other members here ahve said they want a new cat / kitten etc are they quizzed as to why they want one? No. So why I am?

Catsey Veteran

03-06-2006, 10:53 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
If you want a cat to breed then find a reputable breeder you TRUST and buy one.
If you want a certain type of pedigree cat then find a reputable breeder that you TRUST and buy one.
If you want a moggy then go the CPL/rescue
My guess is because of this, as Kazz outlined. If you want a pedigree, then don't spend lots of money on one from someone you don't/can't trust. If you want a moggie, then a rescue or the CPL will be able to tell you everything they know about it, and will doubtless do so. They're the best source for moggies unless you find someone you trust to sell or give you one.

She's not questioning whether you should get another cat, she's saying the reason influences what the best course of action is.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-06-2006, 11:02 AM   #60

and wouldnt take one for breeding UNLESS a pedigree on active register.

I decided to go to wood green anyway, theoretically we couls adopt THREE cats from them for the price of this ragdoll cross one.

The owner of the ragdoll has given further information, mum is a ragdoll dad is either her other ragdoll, or her moggie ( more likely in my opinion)

Honesty is always the best policy, hence my decision to reluctantly pass on this little girl.
I have always wanted either a blue or choc tabby persian, or just a blue cat in generel, so it makes the decision harder, but as people have said the right cat will come along at the right time.

Closed Thread