Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
01-06-2006, 10:34 PM   #31

Re: two birds with one stone (not my cat)

What a cutie CJ!! Good luck whatever you decide to do

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-06-2006, 07:33 AM   #32

I just can't decide what to do Fran. She looks cute, but obviously is not a full ragdoll. Therefore the price seems high for her BUT on the other hand I have to consider other valid points made such as is she worth £150 to me. If i think she is then I can bring her home

as to comments she looks young, she isnt ready until end of june and this picture was taken a few weeks ago.
Something not clicking with this " breeder" though, am a bit dubious,
wondering if i should skip this girl.

I DO think she is very cute whatever, BUT have to consider all pro's cons etc.

Still thinking of taking a trip to wood green again soon and seeing what they have, rather give them £50 min donation than give some slightly dubious breeder £150.
The "breeder" does have a male and female ragdoll, as I have seen photos of both of them. Of course I'd want to see the kitten before buying.

Am thinking perhaps leave this one be and check out the shelters.

Catsey Veteran

02-06-2006, 07:34 AM   #33

I just can't decide what to do Fran. She looks cute, but obviously is not a full ragdoll. Therefore the price seems high for her BUT on the other hand I have to consider other valid points made such as is she worth £150 to me. If i think she is then I can bring her home

as to comments she looks young, she isnt ready until end of june and this picture was taken a few weeks ago.
Something not clicking with this " breeder" though, am a bit dubious,
wondering if i should skip this girl.

I DO think she is very cute whatever, BUT have to consider all pro's cons etc.

Still thinking of taking a trip to wood green again soon and seeing what they have, rather give them £50 min donation than give some slightly dubious breeder £150.
The "breeder" does have a male and female ragdoll, as I have seen photos of both of them. Of course I'd want to see the kitten before buying.

Am thinking perhaps leave this one be and check out the shelters.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
02-06-2006, 09:44 AM   #34

CJ she is a little cutie x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
02-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #35

I would steer well clear. They obviously are not telling the truth, what else may they not have told you, they are in fact breeding moggies and trying to sell them as pedigrees.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
02-06-2006, 01:24 PM   #36

She's doesn't look much like a ragdoll to me CJ. Forgive me I haven't read all the posts. Maybe one of her parents is ragdoll? Just looking at the piccie, the house looks a mess, I know you can't really judge someone by that, I know at times my house isn't perfect, but to have little kittens running about in all that clutter?

As for the price, you can't put a price on love, I got one of my kittens free, and I paid £750 for one of my dogs, both I love equally and both give me so much in return. Money is nothing, if you can afford it. But saying that, £150 is rather steep for a mog.

If she is ragdoll is it possible she could be just missmarked? Hence the low price, £150 is pretty low if she were full ped.

Catsey Veteran

02-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #37

well, i didnt think she was pure reagdoll, hecne me asking on here for others opinions. In which case she should be described as cross breed or wahtever.

I have decided to pass on her. I know she is adorable, or at least i think so. I really think she is beutifull, love her blue eyes. BUT
I keep thinking it may be best to say no, much As I am sure I will love her to bits.

As you say, what else arent I being told?

I have today received an email from a breeder going into retirement who ahd two tabby persians for homing, and she says they are free to the right home.
She is asking me questions, I am asking her questions, and I am getting straight answers, she is friendly and polite, and doesnt mind me asking.

I am considering it at the moment though. I do think this little girl is adorable, and it really is going to be hard to say no, but i think it may be for the ebst really. I dont want to say no, as I really like her, but sometimees we have to do things we dont want in order to do whats best all round really.

I blame it all on Fran. If she had let me have the clooney clones I wouldnt be wanting a new baby lol

Catsey Junior

02-06-2006, 02:02 PM   #38

Can the lady not send you any more photos of her, if its a couple of weeks since that one was taken she may have changed significantly.
Are they too far away for you to visit? you would really get a feel for the woman in person and be better able to judge the situation.

Catsey Veteran

02-06-2006, 02:04 PM   #39

theyre not far away at all, 40 minute bus ride approx.
I could ask if i can come see them before, any genuine person isnt going to say no are they. In fact if it were me with kittens I would encourage it.

It's so hard to say no when you just fall in love the cat in question lol.

Catsey Junior

02-06-2006, 02:12 PM   #40

I know what you mean, and if you go and see her you might just end up falling even more in love with her and then you run the risk of paying over the odds because you've let you heart rule your head.
Its hard to say no and walk away, when I got Angel I'd actually gone to see her ginger and white brother but the lady had sold him before I got there and I didnt want to walk away empty handed so I took what was left, not that I'm complaining!

I'd ask to see more pictures first, there's no harm in that

Closed Thread