Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
22-03-2006, 05:34 PM   #11

Re: Last Will and Testament of a Cat

I know people who say they wont have any more pets, and I think they are the ones missing out. I can sort of understand it in my neighbours case though, he is 80 this year, so his is also partly in case the animal outlives him (but he does have neighbours cats that go in, so when his remaining cat goes, he should still have company).

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
29-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #12

I understand that people feel that they never want to put themselves through that pain again but if you forget about yourself and think about all those poor little cats desperate for a new home. I know a lady who lost her boxer dog and swore that she could never go through the pain again. Within a few weeks she signed up with Boxer Rescue to take on oldies that only had a few weeks/months! She said although she knew that they were going to die soon she took great comfort from the fact that at least she gave them love in their last remaining weeks rather than them having to be pts or dying in kennels.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
29-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #13

What's a few years of understandable, honest grief, to fifteen-twenty of joy and sharing? Fair trade. Not saying it is easy letting go, especially if the loss is sudden and harsh. Not saying that the thought of past and future happiness is going to help at the time. Just that I'd rather live life to the full, helping where I can, being happy when I can even if the price is a long time of sorrow.