Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
25-10-2007, 06:49 PM   #11

Re: Prejudices in adoption

I too found it numerous times with rescue..
"Terrier dogs will apparently kill a cat outright."
"A cul-de-sac is a death trap for a cat, they get too used to quietness so if they stray they wouldn't stand a chance."
Yet from the same rescue at a different time "You live too close to a moderately busy road"
"Your garden isn't big enough"
"You don't have a catflap"
Numerous responses from various rescues.
I agree with Elaine that it does encourage people to go elsewhere when the rescue is so bad. Which is really a shame. But in some cases the policies really are very severe, well imo anyway.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
25-10-2007, 07:09 PM   #12

I have to say nothing annoys me more then rescues saying they are desperate for home and then say ing no for stupid reasions without even checking your home.
hope you find a kitten soon.
SAlly

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
25-10-2007, 07:27 PM   #13

Hi kitty kat.

The only possibility I can think of is that, IF you live in a certain part of Stourbridge (I guess you don't as you live in Dudley) but there are about 3/4 roads in Stourbridge where cats have been going missing at a ridiculous rate over the last 3 years. There has been a lot of publicity about it & rumours about all sorts of things happening to these missing cats, so I know that some rescues won't rehome there, but obviously only for genuine reasons for the health & welfare of these cats.

Phone me. I'll PM you my number. I have cats & kittens needing homes (you'll find their photos & info on here) & I'm from Stourbridge & District CP & we cover all of the DY postcode area..... please phone me, I can discuss a cat with you.... Oh & welcome to Catsey.

Please don't judge all rescues the same. Erin has had 2 kittens from me and Grete has had an adult cat from me and Kazz and Alex have been & seen the CP set up here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
25-10-2007, 07:33 PM   #14

HELLO. WE NEED A HOME (ONE OF US DOES)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
25-10-2007, 08:11 PM   #15

Definitely approach Smudgley I am sure she will be able to help. Kats Cradle has no legal right to say that PAWS or CPL won'r rehome to your estate either. This is total discrimination.

Smudgley where are you! (OOPS there you are)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
25-10-2007, 09:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
Hi kitty kat.

The only possibility I can think of is that, IF you live in a certain part of Stourbridge (I guess you don't as you live in Dudley) but there are about 3/4 roads in Stourbridge where cats have been going missing at a ridiculous rate over the last 3 years. There has been a lot of publicity about it & rumours about all sorts of things happening to these missing cats, so I know that some rescues won't rehome there, but obviously only for genuine reasons for the health & welfare of these cats.
I can understand rescues not wanting to rehome to that area, under those circumstances but surely the rescue should explain these things to people enquiring about a cat in such an area.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-10-2007, 09:10 PM   #17

All the best in your quest for a new cat Kitty Cat. I hope our Smudgely can help you!

Hoping for good news all around

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 kittens
25-10-2007, 09:35 PM   #18

thanks for all your help i have got in touch with smudgely so im keeping my fingers crossed

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
25-10-2007, 09:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty cat
thanks for all your help i have got in touch with smudgely so im keeping my fingers crossed
hope you get to have 1 of Smudgley Kittens,I have 2 here and they are gorgeous

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-10-2007, 09:41 PM   #20

Fingers crossed for you kitty cat!