Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
13-12-2010, 11:57 PM   #1

Jimmy and Misty.

We had Jimmy, Misty and Deli in for their acuptuncture session today. Jimmy has maintained his weight and the vet is quite happy with him. Misty has lost more weight, if you look at her graph there has been a deline over the last year. The vet thinks it is her kidneys ( she is in CRF), I have noticed she is drinking more and not eating as well as she was. The only thing of note ( other than her kidneys) when last blood tested was she had quite a high blood sugar level. We tested her urine and it was OK, but we have to try again tonight in case she has diabetes. If not I guess I need to go for another blood test to see how her kidneys are!
This has not been a good couple of months and to top it all the landie failed its MOT due to a rusted chassis- it will cost quite a bit to fix and will take a bit of time to do.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #2

Re: Jimmy and Misty.

You have had a horrid couple of months farthing. The news about Jimmy though is good, but Misty's health obviously gives rise to concern. Hope you and your vet can find out what's going on with her, although it does sound like diabetes.

Sorry about the landie - do you have other transport available?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #3

Sorry Misty's news isn't better and your landie.
Good news for Jimmy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-12-2010, 05:38 PM   #4

Wish it were better news about Misty; good about Jimmy. You have had some rotten times lately (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
15-12-2010, 12:20 AM   #5

So sorry to hear about Misty. Glad to hear things are better for Jimmy. Bad news re the car

Hugs from us

Catsey Veteran

16-12-2010, 12:46 PM   #6

Misty is not diabetic. I have booked her in for blood tests tomorrow, she is off her food now and I'm trying to tempt her with some salmon but I am concerned her kidneys have finally given up, she is very thin. Its like watching Spice and Samson over again. She is not being sick which I think is what happens when they are feeling very ill with it. If this is the case I won't have her dripped, she would be on her own over the weekend in the vet, pretty much, and I don't want that for her, also in my experience it only gives a little bit of time at this stage and at 21 it would be a lot to put her through. I will let you know how things go.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 Moggies
16-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #7

So sorry to hear about Misty. I've had a cat with CRF & I know how hard it is to see them struggling.

All I can suggest is that you do anything that makes Misty happy. Maybe try feeding her anything that she chooses to eat, try tempting her with some highly palatable food at body temperature? Lightly poached coley fish or chicken?

I agree with you that to put her on a drip at the vets for the weekend is not good in her condition. If she is dehydrated, the vet may be able to rehydrate to some extent with subcutaneous fluid injections?

I wish Misty all the best & I hope that you both can be together over the weekend.

Catsey Veteran

17-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #8

She's gone, she was PTS at the house a wee while ago. Her kidneys had deteriorated badly and there was nothing else we could do for her.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #9

So very sorry, Farthing *hugs*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
17-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #10

So sorry to hear the sad news

RIP Misty