Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
20-11-2010, 12:43 PM   #1

Randomly bleeding?

I just nipped out to answer the door and speak with a neighbour for a little while. When I came back I noticed that Cloud seemed to have a few spots of blood on her face, and on the tip of her ear. She still seems to be her usual self - including wailing at me to let her go when I was trying to get the blood off, and have a closer look. I've no idea what she's done - except there appears to be more blood at the ear, so would imagine she's some how clipped that somewhere, but am also not so sure what to do. I wouldn't think she'd done anything, but for the fact that there definitely is blood...

Advice?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #2

Re: Randomly bleeding?

I wouldn't worry too much. She may have scratched it herself and the veins are very close to the surface in a cat's ear. It should stop bleeding quickly - just keep an eye on it and if you are worried bathe gently with salt water solution. Put a teaspoon of ordinary salt into about a pint of boiled water and allow to cool before using it! Use cotton wool or a make-up pad to clean off any blood.

Our little friends like to keep us on our toes!

Catsey Veteran

20-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #3

*laughs* you can say that again! Alright then! Will keep an eye on her. Right now she is purring away...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #4

I agree with Angie, she probably scratched her ear a bit too hard with those needle-sharp little kitten claws. If she seems otherwise OK, I'd not worry; just keep an eye on her, as I know you will!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #5

How is Cloud's ear now, Kate ?

Catsey Veteran

20-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #6

Seems alright. She's not worrying at it or anything. Objects to my touching it - but that doesn't really surprise me. I'll see what vet says when we're in on Tues... We've just had another 'mad dash' playtime, so certainly feeling fine - just another fairly normal day in kittenly life - thanks for the advice all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #7

Glad she seems ok