Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-10-2010, 07:55 PM   #21

Re: Tabatha.

I hope Tabatha's treatment works for her farthing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
26-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
Any news of little Tabatha?
The most recent update is on post 14, all we can do at the moment is wait and see if the new treatments help. It has taken about 2-3 months of injections before we saw any improvement in Jimmy and Misty- but there is a marked improvement. I am hoping the steroids really kick start her apetite, she is only picking at food, and I've try every type I can think of- chunks, pate, meaty, tuna, turkey, salmon, chicken.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
26-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #23

Its terrible to watch them when they are not well

Will be thinking of you both

Catsey Veteran

29-10-2010, 06:46 PM   #24

Feeling very worried about Tabatha. I blended some petite pate with cat milk to try and encourage her to eat today. Was feeling really chuffed that she took a lot, this was at about 11 this morning. She's just thrown it all up and had a touch of diarrhoea. She's hadly eaten since Tuesday, she got her steriod and vitbee injection on Wednesday.
I don't know what to do any more, the vet who saw her most recently was saying he wanted to check her blood pressure after 2 weeks on the benzacare and then deal with any blood pressure issues. At this rate I'm not convinced she'll see 2 weeks. I have to get her to eat but I don't know how!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #25

I am very sorry farthing. If anyone could get Tabatha to eat, you could. I wonder whether the time is fast approaching when it would be kinder to let her go? You are such an intuitive person I am sure you will know if she has any chance of seeing this through.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #26

You feel so helpless when they just won't eat ... fingers crossed, farthing.

Catsey Veteran

30-10-2010, 11:22 AM   #27

Well, after trying every different combination of food undr the sun, Tabatha has eaten white fish with cat milk added today. I just hope she keeps it down, she really should be on renal food, but its more important she eats and if she continues to eat it I can add ipakitine to it. I've spoken to the vet so they know the situation and are aware there may be a call out over the weekend if she deteriorates.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-10-2010, 04:56 PM   #28

Fingers still crossed.........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-10-2010, 11:05 PM   #29

Hope that fish and milk has stayed down. Fingers crossed here too.

Catsey Veteran

30-10-2010, 11:47 PM   #30

Thanks.
The fish and milk have stayed down but she hasn't eating anything since the late afternoon. She's asleep by my side as I type. I have to admit I've shed quite a few tears over the last few days, I have a feeling things are going to be a struggle for her. I don't know if her kidneys are the problem, at the back of my mind there is the worry of FIP- with her being FIV and the symptoms she is showing as well as the blood results. It is so hard to diagnose and of course I could just be paranoid, I hope it is something we can fix, but she has had steriods, antibiotics, vitamins and treatment for her kidneys. I was decided that if she didn't eat todat she was going in to be dripped, but at the same time I don't want her in the vet alone overnight. Thankfully she did eat but if she doesn't eat tomorrow I'm not sure what to do next.