Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

11-02-2005, 12:34 PM   #1

My other 2

this is Jessie she is Bo's cousin and Tabatha is her Aunty too

This is Midge ,he was born in the woods to a feral cat that I was feeding ,I mannaged to catch one of her Kittens and rehome it ,then about a month later another kitten went into my shed so after alot of climbing about in all the junk I found him and mannaged to catch him ,nearly losing my fingers in the process ,I let him loose in the house and after a few months he started to get used to us now he is a big softy ,you would never guess now that he used to be a terrified little feral cat

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-02-2005, 02:37 PM   #2

Re: My other 2

Lovely pics PJ!

A few years ago we used to have some feral cats at the back of us. Being a softie, I used to take food out to them every day as they were so thin. Three of them were very timid but I managed to befriend the fourth and she would let me smooth her. I called her Twinkle! A few weeks later it became obvious that she was pregnant so not wanting another litter of feral cats around I phoned the Dog/Cats Home for advice. They said to try and catch her and bring her in where she could have her kittens and they could be re homed. After a lot of effort I managed to catch her and took her, with a supply of cat/kitten food to the home.
I used to phone every day to see how she was and if she'd had the kittens. One day when I checked they told me they had 'taken' her kittens away from her as they wouldn't be able to rehome them! I felt so sad and guilty that she wasn't allowed to have her kittens that I vowed that I would never do that again. And I couldn't bring myself to phone the Home again to check on her.

Catsey Junior

11-02-2005, 03:01 PM   #3

what did they do to her kittens ?
If I can tame Midge from the age he was ,these kittens would have been like normal cute kittens ,the first one from his litter I caught was about 5 weeks old and was terrified as he had never seen a human before ,he bit my finger when I picked him up ,he was so scared ,but within a few weeks he was really friendly and would run across the room and leap onto my leg
as he was so friendly I rehomed him ,but with midge being so much older he would just hide and never come out if a person was around ,but after a long time he learned to trust us and now he is a big softy

Global Moderator

11-02-2005, 03:17 PM   #4

They operated to take them away and they were PTS
Yes I would have thought the kittens would have made nice pets.....I think it was more a case of being overrun with kittens at the time and no-one would want them coming from a feral mum. Just goes to show you've proved them wrong!
I think they might have had a problem rehoming the mum as she wouldn't let anyone get near her at the Home but I really think they should have given the kitties a chance.

Catsey Junior

11-02-2005, 03:24 PM   #5

that is so sad that they could do such a thing
poor little kittens they didnt even get a chance
the mum would prob have to be a feral cat again after her ordeal or live in somones shed if they put food out for her

Global Moderator

11-02-2005, 04:05 PM   #6

It is sad because you try to do what you think is best and never dream that it could have an unhappy ending

Catsey Junior

11-02-2005, 08:13 PM   #7

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! !!
their soooooo cute

Catsey Veteran

11-02-2005, 08:17 PM   #8

That is really sad, life is so nasty at times :O(

Global Moderator

11-02-2005, 08:22 PM   #9

Although she was a feral, I had got quite attached to her, she used to come into the garden, stop in front of me and 'paddle' her feet. That's why I called her Twinkle (Twinkle toes) cos she was so small and delicate

Catsey Veteran

11-02-2005, 08:24 PM   #10

Bless her, that so nice of you trying to do you best for them. Do you have any pics of her Mags??