Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-05-2007, 09:28 PM   #1

The Queen's tiara!

Wow! The TV was showing clips of her at the white tie State Dinner last night with the President, et al and I was blown away by that diamond tiara! I've never seen anything like it...simply magnificent! Must be heavy with all those diamonds!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #2

Re: The Queen's tiara!

I wouldn't mind owning a tiara like that either!

I think this was the event last night Eileen, only you can't get a proper look at her tiara on here.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-05-2007, 09:42 PM   #3

Not seen it Eileen however I imagine it is lovely. I have been to the Tower of London and seen the Crown Jewels like nothing you could imagine. Breath taking.

Is the Queen's visit going down well in the USA? not sure if the Royal family especially the Queen are popular in the USA?

Catsey Veteran

08-05-2007, 09:44 PM   #4

Yep, that's it! Bush hates formality; this was the first white tie State dinner he's ever done. His wife and Condi Rice had to talk him into it, according to the paper today! We got a really good closeup of her Majesty in that tiara...amazing!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
09-05-2007, 08:27 AM   #5

I think it has gone well Kazz from the reports I have seen. Lots of crowds and major curtseying lol! Lovely to see Her Majesty looking so well!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
09-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #6

Didn't she pop round to see you DM? - What a disappointment!

I see Dubya kept up his good form with slips of the tongue - never misunderestimate that man . Here's a link - looks like Liz enjoyed making gentle fun of him http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6637505.stm
And as for him saying he felt like her naughty son - well, poor woman, she has enough of those!

PS - Have you seen the naughty Jon Culshaw taking the proverbial out of your President? Very good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MapgsSy7r3M

Catsey Veteran

09-05-2007, 04:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Not seen it Eileen however I imagine it is lovely. I have been to the Tower of London and seen the Crown Jewels like nothing you could imagine. Breath taking.

Is the Queen's visit going down well in the USA? not sure if the Royal family especially the Queen are popular in the USA?
The Queen is well liked and respected here generally; not so much Prince Philip who comes thru as a rather difficult, outspoken person. She drew great crowds where ever she went, and it was especially nice to see her with the Children at Childrens Hospital, and talking to the astronauts. I will refrain from commenting on Mr. Bush, as I have very strong feelings about that man, and this isn't the place for politics!!! It would be nice if he would learn not to mangle the English language, however. I would love to see the Crown Jewels!

Catsey Veteran

09-05-2007, 04:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Didn't she pop round to see you DM? - What a disappointment!

I see Dubya kept up his good form with slips of the tongue - never misunderestimate that man . Here's a link - looks like Liz enjoyed making gentle fun of him http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6637505.stm
And as for him saying he felt like her naughty son - well, poor woman, she has enough of those!

PS - Have you seen the naughty Jon Culshaw taking the proverbial out of your President? Very good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MapgsSy7r3M
Good links, DM!! Got a big chuckle out of them!