Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-05-2007, 09:34 AM   #1

Daily thread Thursday - election day

Where is everyone? Are you all out voting (local elections in England, excluding London, national elections on Scotland and Wales)? I've excercised my franchise, so can relax for the rest of the day. Gardening this afternoon - I'll wander down to the market later this morning.
The sun is still shining but the weather is set to change at the end of the weekend - maybe?
Have a good day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
03-05-2007, 10:05 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread Thursday - election day

Morning, I'm at work. Girls are off school, but I'm a bit busy today so they've had to go to their Nans for the day.
Lucy is off to Brownie camp for the weekend, so tonight I want to pack her bag & get everything ready for her.
She's never been away before without me or her Dad (not for more than a one night sleepover. But she'll be fine.
better go & do some work. Oh I must post the good news about the cat & 4 kittens first. (in flat)

You won't catch me voting today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-05-2007, 10:06 AM   #3

Cold and overcast here at the moment, supposed to warm and brighten though, heres hoping. Will be off out in a wee while to vote. Not much else planned. Hope you all have a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-05-2007, 11:09 AM   #4

In the office. It's quite chilly here but the sun is starting to peep through so hopefully it'll start warming up. Not going to vote as I find the whole thing a complete waste of time as whoever you vote for the end result is pretty similar

Taking Sebastian to the docs this afternoon as he's had the runs for a week now and his poor little bot is red-raw with nappy rash.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
03-05-2007, 11:22 AM   #5

Cool here today. Just given a big bag of food that they cant eat to a friend who's cats eat. Off to the vets this afternoon with guinness. Having to chase guinness off kado has he thinks he can attack him now. Having fun here. Have a nice rest of the day to you all.

jane and the gang

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-05-2007, 11:29 AM   #6

Morning all, nice day here again! Just been out and about getting the rest of the things I need in ready for Ria's babies. Just going to wash and freshen up all the vetbeds.
Will probably go to vote later when hubby gets in..

Hope you are all having a nice day

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-05-2007, 11:47 AM   #7

It's a sunny morning here but there has been a big drop in the temperature....brrrrr!!

I must be the lazy one on here as I have a postal vote ....... duly crossed the box and posted a few days ago!

Hoping it will warm up a bit this afternoon so that I can spend some time in the garden........

Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

03-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Not going to vote as I find the whole thing a complete waste of time as whoever you vote for the end result is pretty similar
There is a slogan Yola - Don't vote, it only encourages them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-05-2007, 01:10 PM   #9

I really bit my tongue (well, fingertips) and toned down what I was going to write in respect of polticians and the political system in general. And no, they don't need ANY encouragement whatsoever

Catsey Veteran

03-05-2007, 01:24 PM   #10

Count your blessings that you are able to fume Yola. Just listening to the memorial/funeral service for Alan Ball which is on the radio now. 61 - blimmin heck. I'm not ready to go yet but I'm not soooo far from that
Family seem to have got it just right. We've heard Tony Bennet singing Smile and the choir giving a beautiful rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. The gentlemen are asked to wear their brightest tie, not black and (can you believe this? ) apparently, as the coffin leaves Winchester Cathedral, they will broadcast the end of the 1966 World Cup final - you know 'they think it's all over .....it is now'

Wonder if BM has snuck into the service.......?