Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-09-2014, 10:39 AM   #1

Twix Tuesday

Good morning everybody!

Another lovely day, so glad of this spell of dry weather, will be able to get my outdoors sorted before I go away. My Son in law is good mind, he would cut the grass and stuff, but I don't like to leave it all for him. I've had to dig up and throw three of my tomato vines they had borne fruit but caterpillars had eaten unto them and they they were yuk! Hadn't turned colour and seemed to have rotted at the root. I've salvaged the other two, I think, picked the best fruit off the vine and tried to turn their colour by putting in the conservatory window in full sun.

The chickens are having a better run of the grass now as my brother has given me some netting and supports to give them extra 'play' room. I'll give them a good clean out on the weekend and then they should be fine for a good week or so.

Cats are all fine and dandy, Phoebe eats like a horse! Still keeping to herself, doesn't go far from the house though. The other two come and go, although Pearla has only to hear a packet rustle and presents herself for treats.

Hope everyone is well and happy, as are your fur and feathered friends. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #2

Re: Twix Tuesday

Afternoon PP - and those who pop on later! It started off a gloomy overcast day here and I was wondering where the sunshine had gone, but the clouds have parted and we have sunshine now - hooray!

OH is playing golf today, so I hope he's remembered to take his sun-hat with him ....

Sorry to hear about your tomatoes. It's been a bad year for them I fear. My first lot of seeds didn't germinate, then I put in more seeds which did, but most of the first trusses didn't set or aborted. I have them in the greenhouse, so they do have a better chance than outdoors and I've stripped all the leaves off today to see if they will ripen, we've only had half a dozen or so picked ripe and we'd normally have too many and have to freeze some down or make chutney etc.

Hope folks are having a good day, whatever they are up to.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #3

I've had remarkably good tomatoes this year, tonnes of them and many are now turning red and being picked and eaten. Mmm.

I have my new red Persian cat! She's quite nervous and I have one picture only of her, once I get a few more I will post several in an introduction thread!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
02-09-2014, 05:39 PM   #4

Afternoon everyone. Quite cloudy here but warm. Car to garage this morning for back brakes and new CV boot. Mechanic found a bolt missing from front suspension so have to take it back for that and tracking. Thought it was clunking a bit going over pot holes!

Picked a load of blackberries, hopefully OH will make a pie.

Can't wait to see the new cat Yola, bet she's gorgeous.