Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-08-2014, 10:03 AM   #1

Bah Humbug Bank Holiday

Well, it is here! Absolutely chucking it down

Took Daisy May out for her morning constitutional and got soaked to the skin. Now I appreciate why I have cats

Had a nice day yesterday at the sponsored doggy walk in aid of Wonky Towers. Organised by Friends of the Animlas RCT, that's our county's pet rescue centre. They have bought a property with land to house unadoptable animals, or those with severe illness that cannot be homed otherwise. It was a good long walk for me, Daisy and Ceri around the Dare Valley country park and woodland.Glad it's not today

Gary is still on his own, no little fishy friend yet, the garden centre visit didn't come off because my bro and SIL dropped by with their grand-daughter.

No plans for today just the usual pottering about, maybe do some movie medley later- I fancy Lord of the Rings again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
25-08-2014, 12:19 PM   #2

Re: Bah Humbug Bank Holiday

Afternoon Posh and those to follow.

Sorry to hear Gary is still on his own. Hope he gets a fishy friend soon!! Also not good about the weather, it is dry and bright hear but chilly.

Went to view a house today across the road from us so hopefully we can sell and get what we need for it to allow us to go for a new house, we have been sitting going over figures and things today. Barney is also going for a hair cut today as he badly needs it!!

Chin tickles to catsey pets

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #3

Afternoon PP - Bah Humbug indeed, chucking it down here too. OH said it wasn't too bad out with the dogs but it's got heavier since then. I've only been out to the greenhouse to water the tomatoes but that was enough. Although it felt warmer earlier on, it does feel chillier now. OH even mentioned lighting the log burner!!!

Pip has been in and out all morning. I am convinced he does it because he likes being wiped with paper towel to dry him off! Funny little cat has now decided he wants to stay indoors and has gone onto the bed with Kizzy, who snuggled under her fleece blanky straight after her breakfast, without sticking her nose outdoors.

Scriptorium this afternoon I think, unless OH does light the log burner, in which case it may be chair, Monty Bogle on lap and the Kindle!!!

Enjoy whatever you do folks and keep dry if possible.

Pamela!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-08-2014, 06:18 PM   #4

evening all, had a nice busy couple of days here.
Nette, the walk you did yesterday sounds like it is in aid of a really good cause.
Pamela i do hope you get the house you want
Angie, a log burner and kindle sounds good if that's what you did.
I must find some time to post some pics
Yesterday we went to the mull of galloway lighthouse, we had a lovely time including climbing up the lighthouse.
Today we went to stranraer and had rather an eventful meal in a cafe, more about that later,lol
We bought a tv for the caravan bedroom and a nice new laundry basket.
Off to a friends van tonight for drinks and a catch up.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
25-08-2014, 07:03 PM   #5

Been dry but very windy here all day. Swirl and Barnaby have been snuggled together on the bed. I'm glad someone else has a blanky!! Sad to hear about Richard Attenborough, he was a great man on and off the screen.

Intrigued by the eventful meal Shelley!