Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
19-08-2014, 09:09 AM   #1

Smokey Bacon Tuesday

Morning everyone,

Not a flavour of crisps i enjoy but only 1 i could think of.

Took a holiday from work today as i thought OH was also off given the circumstances but he is at work this morning and tomorrow morning. He doesnt see the point in being off. Typical man!! He is off on friday though as thats when the funeral is.

Just tidying the house, got a doctors appointment this morning and a dentist appointment this afternoon. Barney is off to the dog walker in an hour or so which means i can continue to potter about the house and get his bed and things moved for hoovering underneath it.

Going to phone the estate agent to see if there has been any interest in the house and also chase up getting the window displays.

Hope everyone has a lovely day. Chin tickles to all fur babies

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-08-2014, 12:18 PM   #2

Re: Smokey Bacon Tuesday

Afternoon Pamela .......... I guess men just cope differently than women with loss. Were he and his father close? Don't envy you your day either with doctor and dentist - hope both appts go well.

I'm just back from collecting my car. Apart from having my brakes done a couple of years ago, I don't usually notice any difference in how the car performs after having spent a fortune on it but I was driving home, stopped at a junction and couldn't actually hear the engine running! I'll have to get used to that and not wondering if it's stalled!!!

Monty Bogle could do a good seed-tray double just now, he is collecting all manner of seeds in his coat and has just been good, standing for his daddy to comb them all out. We need not wonder any more where all our weeds come from! Monty is due to go to the groomer on Friday and will be less like a seed tray after that.

Sending positive healing vibes for Millie today.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Catsey Veteran

19-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #3

afternoon angie, unfortunately they werent close. Only really had contact from the start of this year again. Doctors was fine, dentist is at 515pm so not lookng forward to it!!

Glad Monty has been a good boy. Barney is also covered in alsorts of stuff in his coat!! He is also geeting groomed but on Monday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #4

Afternoon all.

Oh I like smokey bacon crisps, used to have s.b.crisps with salad cream and fresh tomato and sometimes boiled ham as well.
Well went into work early to finish early as my Aunt has had an endoscopy and needs someone with her tonight. And I am taking Mom over to pick her up from the hospital then leaving Mom there with her.

Pamela; I wonder if your OH is putting off thinking about it by being at work. And has there been any interest on the house front at all. Not sure about the dentist and doctor in one day is a thought I want.

Angie As long as Monty does not start sprouting you should be okay.

Opps got to go the hospital phoned she is ready. See you later

Catsey Veteran

19-08-2014, 06:53 PM   #5

Hope your aunt is ok Kazz. Thats nice that your mum is going to stay with her.

I phoned the estate agent today and they have said they have sent out a couple of home reports to people who have been enquiring about the flat. We are also going to view the house across the road as its on the top of our list of houses that we like

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #6

evening all.
Pamela,glad the dentist and doctors visit went ok.
I hope you get some interest in your flat and get the house you want.
Karen , hope your aunt is ok
Angie, yes lets hope Monty doesn't sprout,lol
Been a busy couple of days here, we have been spending some time with my cousin and her new partner, catching up on times gone by.
As you know i have been struggling with Malaika's paw.
We took her to the vets yesterday who said the cysts didn't look infected but did look sore. She has had a steroid injection to reduce swelling and advised to carry on bathing.
We also bought her some boots to protect the sore bits from the pebble beach.
Somehow the vets charged us for 3 pairs of boots which made the bill very scary and gave me a nasty turn,lol. However mistake corrected now thank goodness.
Malaika isn't keen on the boots of course and refused to walk on the site in them, however once on the beach she to fuss and she had a lovely time in the sea again.