Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: not sure
17-05-2014, 12:33 AM   #21

Re: He didnt make it

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. It's never easy but well worth the great memories.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
21-05-2014, 10:47 PM   #22

We went away for a week. did some relaxing. drove around somerset/devon. got lost a few times.was walking through a village and saw a little black cat. gave me a jolt. then felt guilty for being happy.
will always miss my boys. ive been asked will u get another cat?? dont think i could.my 2 boys where special. and the hurt still goes on. dont think i could go through this again. theres only so many times that u can do this pain.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-05-2014, 11:21 AM   #23

I think that may be why I am still cat-less now Oscar and Cleo were special (to me anyhow) and we were together a long while almost 25 years.............it is hard but it becomes an easy hard after time.

Thinking of you. Did you just drive and book as you went - that sounds lovely.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
22-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #24

It is painful when we lose our furry friends but I could never be without a cat. One always seems to find us when we have lost one. Cats can never be replaced but each one is special and has their own character. Over the years w have been married we have owned well over 20 cats, each one different. The most we ever had at one time was 12. We have had cats well into old age and very young cats/kittens lose their fight with illness. I do hope you eventually feel able to have another cat RM, good homes are special and a cat out there somewhere would love to have one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-05-2014, 12:58 PM   #25

I'm glad you've been away, RM - a change of place is always a refreshing thing.

I think it's very much a matter of what will be ..... cats sometimes just happen. My uncle, a great traveller, said he never went looking for a cat but one would always find him. And as fecto's mum has said, good homes are special and harder to find.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-05-2014, 04:23 PM   #26

i'm glad you managed to have some time away and you certainly shouldn't feel guilty.
It is devastating when we lose our pets but if you manage to find bits of happiness, then hold on to them.
In time you should be able to enjoy the memories of your special boys xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
25-05-2014, 02:35 PM   #27

my neighbour has got a kitten and when ever i want i can have a cuddle of him. introduced him to the dog today. that was fun. kitten stood up twice his size. Ben just ignored him.
I would consider fostering cats/kittens but not yet.my friend who was amazing when i was having problems with the boys. she lent me a crate for ronnie. shes always after fosterers. also having the dog would help the cat/kitten get used to being around a dog. but maybe later on in the year. not ready just yet. 2 weeks today reggie went find it hard to keep the tears at bay still

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-05-2014, 04:48 PM   #28

Big hugs for you Cathy, it's early days yet of imagining your life with other pets and yes, it hurts like crazy.
I'm sure there's a whole lot of love you will be able to share in time. Things may turn out very unexpectedly. For now just be as content as you can be knowing you had special love for 2 handsome boys and they had a mum in a million. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-05-2014, 04:59 PM   #29

Lovely words, PP and I agree completely. HUGS Cathy.

Cats owned: Ginger/White female
26-05-2014, 10:53 PM   #30

So sorry you lost your lovely boy cat.