Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #1

Your life in songs - have a go

Odd this but maybe a talking point you can add and change as you think of something else

Anyhow today listening to the radio in the car I sort of got to singing as you do and I thought to myself I recall this from my friends wedding and we all danced to it. Then I thought hey good idea for a thread

So my question to you all is......memorable songs that describe your life...either a song that reminds you of an incident or time of your life. Or describes you/a relationship....get the idea.

I am still thinking of mine but hope this thread gets some traffic...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #2

Re: Your life in songs - have a go

Hmmmm i know just what you mean Karen but will have to have time to think. Certain songs take me right back to periods of time.
A neighbour of ours was once going to have a desert island disc party where you had to name 10 records/cd's that you would take on a desert island and say the reason why

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
14-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #3

REM, It's the End of the World and I feel fine. Not sure if that is actually the title but I am instantly taken back to touring Hungary with a couple of American students I had spent the summer working with on a dig there. 1989, the Great Hungarian Plain full of sunflowers, us bombing around in a little hire care belting this out at the top of our lungs.
Oh to be young again!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #4

Jesus, I've led such a full and adventurous life that there are just way too many songs

Catsey Veteran

15-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Hmmmm i know just what you mean Karen but will have to have time to think. Certain songs take me right back to periods of time.
A neighbour of ours was once going to have a desert island disc party where you had to name 10 records/cd's that you would take on a desert island and say the reason why

Go with that then 10 songs and why>

Catsey Veteran

15-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #6

One of mine would be 1979/80 I was 16 and "in love" with a lad who loved rock music in fact he still does. Our song was "Queen - Crazy little thing called love"
Takes me right back to happy days of seemingly endless sunshine, tennis, going the pictures, and lots and lots of laughter.

Another song is always "He ain't heavy he's my brother" it was my brother Micky's 18th and my sister and I sang that to him....he hated it at the time but now raves about it. Takes me right back whenever I hear it in fact takes all three of us back. Happy days. In fact we have plans to sing it again at his 50th.....would have done it at his 40th but I was not too well so roll on his 50th

Catsey Veteran

15-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
REM, It's the End of the World and I feel fine. Not sure if that is actually the title but I am instantly taken back to touring Hungary with a couple of American students I had spent the summer working with on a dig there. 1989, the Great Hungarian Plain full of sunflowers, us bombing around in a little hire care belting this out at the top of our lungs.
Oh to be young again!
Thats the sort of thing. Amazing how a song takes you abk to a moment.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #8

Really good idea for a thread Kazz - I've got some "signature tunes" but need to put the woolly thinking cap on for a bit ............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #9

OK just about the first musical memory - I had to sing this song as a forfeit at a party. I had to sing it to the older brother of a girlfriend of mine. I was 8 years old and SO embarrassed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MKNxLj9oTM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #10

my earliest recollections of songs are Downtown by Petula Clarke, i heard it playing downstairs as i lay in my bed awaiting a visit from Father Christmas.
I also remember enjoying little boxes and Tulips from Amsterdam.
As a very young child i fell in love with herman and his Hermits,lol