Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #1

Sunflower Saturday

Hi all, another late Daily! Beautiful here, a bit warmer than yesterday and the howling winds have died down. It's nearing 10:45 A M, blue skies and 10℃ (48℉); most of the beautiful leaves are gone now after the wind. Down for grass, no mail yesterday because of the holiday; quiet day on the agenda as usual: papers and crossword.

Hope all are well whatever you're doing, enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
12-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #2

Re: Sunflower Saturday

Hi DM glad the wind has dropped for you, now someone has to get out there and sweep those leaves up! We still have quite a lot on our trees but then we've had no frosts yet and very little wind.

It's mild again here too, aren't we lucky, nasty weather is late arriving this year thank goodness. OH was out this afternoon at an art group demonstration/lecture so we made scones to have with some clotted cream and jam on his return. I say "we" because I was including Morgan, whenever I go into the kitchen he follows me and sits and watches intently, hoping I'm making biscuits for him

Salmon steaks this evening, must go and get a bottle of white put in the fridge! Enjoy the rest of your day.

Catsey Veteran

12-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #3

Hi MrsH! Now that I'm in the retirement home leaves are someone else's problem! I suspect they have leaf blowers ....... oh those scones do sound yummy warm from the oven with cream and jam! Leia usually accompanies me to my tiny kirtchenette too as she knows if she puts on the "small starving cat" face she'll get something .... well, my excuse is, the vet wants her to put on some weight..... my white's chilling in the fridge now, but tonight's Chinese: potstickers and spring rolls.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
12-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #4

evening everyone, hope you have all had a good weekend so far. We were staying at teh wedding venue last night then after we had came home to spend time with the monsters, we went for a lovely drive down the coast as it was really nice here today.

Catsey Veteran

12-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #5

Hi Pamela, how was the wedding? Pics?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
12-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #6

the wedding was great, ive got the pics on my to do list for uploading as i also promised pics of my tanks and pussy cats xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #7

Hi all - sorry for late sign-in. Had the tree chappies finishing off this morning, the walnut tree is pruned back and the lower branches overhanging the neighbour's cut down. All very efficiently done and tidied up.

We have a bit of a problem however in that our garden has a slight slope with a bank on the north boundary. There is a fence that separates the vegetable plot, with a gate and because we've had loads of undergrowth cut back, Monty has found a way to get into the vegetable part of the garden, from which it is an easy hop over into the neighbour's garden and out down their path onto a gravelled side road and hence into the road. It is a very awkward angle, and so I'm thinking trellis atm to fill the gap and then plant something to plug the gap. Any thoughts?

Just off now to watch Merlin. Hope everyone has had a good day, I'll be back later!

Catsey Veteran

12-11-2011, 09:28 PM   #8

Angie, it's sort of hard to visualize ... could you take a pic tomorrow when it's light?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #9

Yes, will do!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
12-11-2011, 11:51 PM   #10

Hi all - DM & MrsH hope you enjoyed those bottles of white!

Angie - trellis probably easiest but a pic would help visualise problem.

Looking forward to seeing the wedding pics - drive down the coast sounds nice Pamela.

I had a day in garden - got lots of bulbs planted.