Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #1

Fushia Thursday

afternoon people, where are you all ?????
Been to work this morning. Had something to eat and made the last batch of Pumpking soup. I've burned my thumb and finger whilst cleaning the hob, OUCH !
Got some windows to clean now
My Dad has gone on a trip to Ypres today, it's something he's always wanted to do.
For C-word i'm thinking of getting him some Trench art if i can find a suitable piece.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #2

Re: Fushia Thursday

Hi Shelley! Where's everyone else? Our lovely weather's over, fog early this morning, heavy cloud cover now, wind blowing all the orange and gold leaves off, rain on the way, It's a bit after 10:30 A M and 13℃ (54℉). Down for grass and mail: potato masher and noodles came, both from Amazon, where else? The supermarket's been out of my favorite soup noodles the last 3 orders, so found them on line. That's the sum and substance of my exciting day so far....

Sorry about the burn, do you have an aloe plant? There's nothing like the gel from a leaf to stop the pain and reduce the liklihood of a nasty blister. Hope your Dad has a safe rewarding visit.

[/IMG]

Catsey Veteran

10-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #3

Eileen, unfortunately i no longer have an aloe vera plant, nor have i any cream, all the first aid stuffs at the caravan Put it under the cold tap straight away, it's blistered and stinging like billy oh.
It's amazing what you can buy online isn't it.
Off out to walk the dogs now, one at a time, it's easier and more enjoyable.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
10-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #4

Hi Shelley, Eileen...

Sorry to hear ab out the burn Shelley, not nice. Amazing managing to find food you like on Amazon Eileen - I have bought cat food from there, but not thought about looking for people food!!!

Not long home from work - covering clerical/reception at a different office, so head spinning a bit. And yesterday I had a friend round for the aft, drove her home, and then had food with her before coming home again, so it was a fun but late one...

Going away for the weekend tomorrow - up to Aviemore with camp again - great fun, but hope I don't land up snowed in there this year!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #5

Squirrel, look at Amazon's Gourmet food section! You'll be amazed; I've bought many things there I couldn't find locally. Enjoy the weekend, and will think "no snow" for you!

Shelley, this is when I wish we weren't thousands of miles apart.... my aloe has offshoots that I'd gladly share.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #6

Hi all! Sorry about your burn Shelley - there used to be an ointment called Germolene that was brill for burns, or Savlon cream, or Acriflex - do you have a chemist near you?

It's rained a bit here, been overcast and also had a bit of sun - I had some urgent transcription work to finish off while OH took Monty for his walk and then we went into Emsworth to the bank and to the butcher's and pets corner at the garden centre for cat food (on offer), dog treats and a new mat type bed for Monty (which he's ignored!)

Doing some home paperwork this afternoon and it's getting a bit chillier, so I've a woolly and a fleece on!

Hope all have a good day.

Catsey Veteran

10-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #7

Eileen,
thank you for the virtual aloe vera ; )
Katy have a great time this weekend
Angie, woolies are a good idea, brrrrrrr

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-11-2011, 06:17 PM   #8

Afternoon all. Off to work shortly, hope you all have agood evening.

Sorry about the burn Shelley and Angie glad Monty did well at the training class the other night. Squirrel enjoy your trip.
Eileen - your picture looks lovely that view is really good. Maybe you should put an ad up offering cutings to fellow residents.

Shelley do you ever have regrets in getting a 2nd dog, I do wonder sometimes what people expect it to be I must say though I will only be a one dog person from now on. I have no idea how people manage packs of 3 or more.
They say it gets easier but I have my suspicions there, unless they are working dogs like sheep etc.

Anyhow Angie s

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-11-2011, 09:25 PM   #9

Yes, Kazz??????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
10-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #10

evening everyone, hope you are all well. I had a nice early finish from work again today which was good, got soo much to do before OHs sisters wedding tomorrow. Need to get trays and things cleaned out for the monsters as my sister is coming over to check on them tomorrow night and to feed them again because we are staying away tomorrow night.