Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #11

Re: Sweet William Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Eileen,
i've had two surprises re the USA today, one is that you get post and the other is the library is open.
I posted an item to a buyer on ebay and she recieved it today and now your off to the library :O
Actually, we don't have regular post on Sunday; special delivery yes. Does your buyer have a mail box.... it may have been delivered yesterday and she just picked it up? And I wasn't clear: the library I referred to is the one here in the complex. Our main Public Library is open limited hours on Sunday, the branches are closed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Actually, we don't have regular post on Sunday; special delivery yes. Does your buyer have a mail box.... it may have been delivered yesterday and she just picked it up? And I wasn't clear: the library I referred to is the one here in the complex. Our main Public Library is open limited hours on Sunday, the branches are closed.
in England we don't have any post at all on Sunday and the library is shut.
I remember years ago all the shops were shut too, some even shut for the two weeks Chorley holidays when i was little.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
06-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #13

Hey all... Quiet Sunday here. Well, beyond Cloud having spent a Lot of time crying at me to play with her! Mum being tired, and left arm not so happy, hasn't responded terribly enthusiastically to that one, but...

Shelley - I'm thinking that a post 'box' if she has one is essentially an outside letterbox - so post would have been put in it yest, and she not check until today. Quite difficult for that to happen if the post gets put through your door! And I've known a posty to deliver on a Sunday once... Mum was promised by Amazon to have the (then) new Harry Potter book delivered by a certain date. She thought they'd failed that one when the end of Sat was reached, but he came on the Sunday instead...

Catsey Veteran

06-11-2011, 07:01 PM   #14

Yes, Squirrel, that's exactly what a post (mail) box is; often at the end of a driveway. More common in rural areas and many suburban areas. All letter slots in the door in the City for private homes; most apartment complexes have individual boxes in the lobby area. That's what I have here.

I remember the days when Sunday was more observed; the only things open were drugstores, groceries, restaurants, etc. Small shops, department stores closed, and of course no malls in those days. A different world.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #15

Well happy to report I have emptied all the containers/pots in the back garden bar 2 - ran out of steam because I lugged them all to the top of the garden and emptied old compost on the garden (not the roots etc but the compost/John Innes) now they are all by the back door waiting to be cleaned out will then put in new compost -and plant up Spring bulbs and or replant.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Yes, Squirrel, that's exactly what a post (mail) box is; often at the end of a driveway. More common in rural areas and many suburban areas. All letter slots in the door in the City for private homes; most apartment complexes have individual boxes in the lobby area. That's what I have here.

I remember the days when Sunday was more observed; the only things open were drugstores, groceries, restaurants, etc. Small shops, department stores closed, and of course no malls in those days. A different world.
And a World in which we would not have met each other at all.

Catsey Veteran

06-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
So true. There were a lot of good things back then, and a lot of things are much better now. I cannot imagine going back to pre-internet days

You've a busy bee today, very productive!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
so very true, where would we be without the internet