Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #1

Sunflower Saturday

Another late Daily! Happy Guy Fawkes Day, all! Hope the fireworks weren't too bad last night, nor tonight. Brilliant sun here, but brisk; only 6℃ (43℉) and the wind makes it feel chillier. It'll be well below normal all day, Winter is nearing; we change back to Standard time tonight; I have trouble with the watch as I misplaced the manual years ago... No news here, hope all's well with everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
05-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #2

Re: Sunflower Saturday

Hi Eileen, those to come...

Quiet day here. I've now had flu jab, and consequently have a bit of a sore arm, Cloud has spent much of the day sleeping on me, or on a nice fluffy blanket, not convinced about her. Am thinking I might have to check vet about her soon - ah well, I'll have to get her sorted for her jabs soon anyway.

Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

05-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #3

Sorry your arm's hurting, , another reason I avoid the jab; it's painful itself and then the bad arm.... hope it lets up soon. Take it easy!

Catsey Veteran

05-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #4

Thanks Eileen... It's not bad compared to what it could be, and I've spent the aft either curled round Cloud, or with her sleeping in my lap...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #5

Hello Eileen and Katy.
Where is everyone ?
Eileen, good luck with the watch, i managed to adjust the time on my mobile after a bit of a struggle.
Katy, hope your arm is better soon and that Cloud is ok ?
Training today for both Dogs, Malaika did well as there were both Gold groups together today , she did act a bit silly on occasions but was mostly ok.
Kwame did quite well (for him), we have been working on the trainer going over him and he only did a tiny growl today, don't think he will be ready to do the assessment though.
Cleaning up today and making Pumpkin soup.
Nice evening chilling planned.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #6

Hi all! Just waving so you know I'm here! Just going to watch a film on TV by the fire.

All fine here - Kizzy, Pip and Monty all indoors. We can hear pops, whizzes and a few bangs but that's all.

Had some sad news today - our neighbour opposite died suddenly in the early hours of Thursday. He was a fit, wonderful man 85 years old who looked after his wife who is very far gone with dementia. They lived in an annex with his son and family in the manor house. So very sad, he was absolutely devoted to his wife.

Catsey Veteran

05-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #7

San news about your neighbor, Angie. But he did have a good long run, and apparently went quickly? RIP .........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #8

evening everyone, not long in,went to a firework display tonight after doing loads in the house today with OH, we cleaned our end room carpet and then changed the end room into the utility room and the middle room into a edroom so lots of moving about today.

Katy, hope you arm feels better
Angie, sorry to hear about your neighbour
Hope you get your watch to the right time eileen
Glad the training went well shelley

Im away for a hot cuppa to try and heat me up, think ive gotten a bit of a chill from being outside for soo long tonight

Catsey Veteran

05-11-2011, 11:15 PM   #9

So sorry to hear about your neighbour Angie.

Hope you managed to warm up properly Pamela.

Sounds like the dogs did well overall Shelley.

My arm? Will recover in time. Not too impressed at it being that one as I'm a bit superstitious about pain in it, due to having thoroughly broken it a couple of years back. Don't really like the idea of it being 'upset' in any way as it grumbles enough as it is now! Oh well, I'll survive, and no doubt it shall too!!!

As for Cloud... I'm not convinced about her Shelley, but it's just one of those 'watch and see' things. I'll book her in for her updated inoculation's soon, seeing that's part of the insurance. However, she is eating fine. Just seems to be a great cuddlebug right now, not terribly interested in playing, and with a few coldy signs... *shrugs* The sneezing has got better over all, but...

Catsey Veteran

05-11-2011, 11:38 PM   #10

I had a brainstorm earlier:went on line and Googled "how set time indiglowatch" and OMG, there were the instructions step by step! I feel like a complete idiot at not having done that before....Anyhow, all is well now and I can't imagine why I never thought of that earlier ... I'm not the only one who's misplaced the manual!